No Targets

Monkey Archive Forums/Monkey Discussion/No Targets

kheldar(Posted 2017) [#1]
I have Monkey installed on a win10 pc and it works great, in fact I have a game on Google Play Store. The problem Im having is: I tried to install on an old win7 laptop and no targets are showing. not even Html5 or anything. I have all the desktop and android dependencies installed and the config file is set right. but nothing shows up. Ive tried a couple different versions. any ideas?

Xaron(Posted 2017) [#2]
Hard to say. The pathes in config.winnt.txt are really correct set?

Gerry Quinn(Posted 2017) [#3]
Is your old laptop misconfigured? If you have a default browser, I'd have thought HTML5 should run with the default mserver path. It doesn't need anything else as far as I know.

MikeHart(Posted 2017) [#4]
Mostlikely your OS on your laptop is a 32 bit one. The newest versions of Monkey-X need a 64bit OS. I get the same effect when I try to run Monkey X on a 32 bit OS.

kheldar(Posted 2017) [#5]
That is probably the case. It is an old 32bit laptop. Does anyone happen to know the latest previous version of Monkey that will run on 32bit?

dawlane(Posted 2017) [#6]
You can soon find out it there is a problem by opening a command prompt and executing transcc_winnt.exe directly.
You can recompile transcc to a different architecture as there is a CPP file for you to do that via anothoer C/C++ compiler.

JaviCervera(Posted February) [#7]
I think that the last version that ran on 32 bit machines was 85e.

kheldar(Posted February) [#8]
It works now with 85e. I thought I tried that version before...must not have.