Monkey1 support/updates going forward...?

Monkey Archive Forums/Monkey Discussion/Monkey1 support/updates going forward...?

rIKmAN(Posted 2016) [#1]
This is mainly something only Mark can answer, but I was just wondering how long Monkey1 is going to be officially supported going forward?

I know Monkey2 is maturing nicely and will soon be the new primary focus, but with Apple and Google always updating and evolving SDKs and such, how long can we reasonably expect Monkey1 to be updated to keep in line with these changes to APIs and store requirements etc?

therevills(Posted 2016) [#2]
Mark did do an update recently for the latest AdMob for Android.

Xaron(Posted 2016) [#3]
I'm with you rIKmAN but I doubt you will get an answer here. :/

therevills, yes Mark did an update for Admob "recently" but there are quite some other bugs out there which don't seem to get fixed anymore.

rIKmAN(Posted 2016) [#4]
@therevills
Yeah I know there have been updates, although these obviously can't go on in perpetuity.

I'm just not sure how much work it is for Mark to keep up with the changes behind the scenes (and thus how feasible it is for him to keep updating it), or whether it's as simple as dropping in a new Admob or GooglePlayServices jar file and editing a few of the existing source files.

@Xaron
Does Mark not post here anymore? He replied pretty sharpish on the Monkey2 forum to a post I made so I assume he still checks this place out too?

What other bugs have you encountered, out of interest?

nullterm(Posted 2016) [#5]
I'm still in love with Monkey X's simplicity, even with M2 on the horizon so I'm hoping it stays alive.

My only desire (aside from keeping it alive) is still a Android NDK C++ target. I'd love to take the reins (I have native Android, Java, C++ experience) but don't know where to start.

I also love the simplicity of the Monkey X HTML5 target.