Promote monkey-x apps free on blitzbasic.com

Monkey Archive Forums/Monkey Discussion/Promote monkey-x apps free on blitzbasic.com

skid(Posted 2016) [#1]
Breaking News - blitzbasic.com is now even more monkey friendly.

There is a new forum called Monkey Talk and the site now supports embedding of monkey apps by ID in posts.

Place youtube and monkey tags into your post to create a compelling thread at blitzbasic.com to promote your craft.

Monkey Talk at blitzbasic.com

MikeHart(Posted 2016) [#2]
Awesome!

Is BlitzBasic.com now to be some kind of aggregation of the 3 communities?

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2016) [#3]
a small movement in the right direction perhaps? specially with the community shrinking so much having us spread out just makes no sense at all.

muddy_shoes(Posted 2016) [#4]
>a small movement in the right direction perhaps?

Or just more of the same and another place where a random intersection of users discusses Monkey (1/X/2/?). It's just a bit of a reshuffle of posts from the Monkey discussion area that was already there with this added ability to embed the apps in posts, isn't it?

Amusing to see therevills answering a question about box2d and referring to some github copy of the googlecode repo that I've never seen as the "master repo". That's community fragmentation for you.

MikeHart(Posted 2016) [#5]
Muddy_shoes. This box2d conversion is different from yours i think. Before google code shut its doors, there where plenty Monkey X projects located there.

muddy_shoes(Posted 2016) [#6]
>This box2d conversion is different from yours i think.

I looked at the commits. It's mine. There aren't even any changes from the googlecode version. There's nothing wrong with someone having their own repo copy. It's just odd to see it referred to as the "master repo".

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2016) [#7]
might it have been done due to gcode closing down and that you didn't move it yourself they might have thought that you were done with it ? dunno.. I'm sure it's nothing sinister tho, I doubt anyone is trying to claim credit for your work.

therevills(Posted 2016) [#8]
What post are we talking about? I'cant remember... and as Paul said nothing sinister at all...

muddy_shoes(Posted 2016) [#9]
It was a thread asking for box2d help on the monkey talk blitz forum linked above.

I'm not suggesting there's anything "sinister" or stamping my feet about not being given credit or whatever. I mentioned it for the reason I noted -- as an example of what happens when communities aren't managed well and fragment. People lose track and bad information gets passed around without being corrected. The specific instance isn't a big deal.

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2016) [#10]
Yeah I think your right about the fragmentation , unless some one can code something to parse all the forums and their posts and port them into a new forum I doubt anything will change, no one wants to lose all the older posts there is a lot of valuable data within them.

therevills(Posted 2016) [#11]
Ah, looks like I used the wrong word... "branch", not "repo."

Should have been: "Download the zip for the master branch over at github"