Game Mechanic issues..

Monkey Archive Forums/Monkey Discussion/Game Mechanic issues..

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2016) [#1]
So if you peek at this rather old vine https://vine.co/v/MlAHPLDWFQB as reference, holding right mouse will spin those little circle looking things(looks better now) and that will pump power into the shield segment the player is sitting on powering it up a total of 3 times for 3 levels of defense.

The more I play the game the more I am really starting to hate the mechanic, The concept of building the shield is fine but the practical application and having to hold right mouse and sit on the segment is really bothering me.

I have a possible solution that wont break the flow of the game and will not force the player to sit on a segment to build it

Spoiler (scroll down to read my solution but before you do any chance you could suggest something ?)

MikeHart(Posted 2016) [#2]
Definitely much better. But i wonder if it would be to difficult to be always on the part that you want to power up?

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2016) [#3]
What do you mean ?

MikeHart(Posted 2016) [#4]
To shoot something, you have to move, or? If yes you would change position reagarding the shield segment you want to charge!

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2016) [#5]
Ah no yes, yeah you can move and shoot and I basically have something like GetSegment(x,y) so I'd basically call that on the thing that pops to see what segment would get the resources that spills out, the more I think about it the more I see that it could add a puzzle type feel to stages where the player has x things to kill and needs to wait until their in the right place to kill them if they want the bonus's

Still open to other solutions tho iv not done any code on it yet.