Educational Games. Who wants to participate?

Monkey Archive Forums/Monkey Discussion/Educational Games. Who wants to participate?

Phil7(Posted 2015) [#1]
Hi,
I'm working on some Games/Apps for small children to help them learn the basics in math and german (due to my native language).

Is anyone with MonkeyX experience interrested in working together as a team. I've got a designer for the gfx allready joining the team, some ideas and experience in Education and good connections to children to test the software.
My skills as a programmer are quite limited, as I do this just in my sparetime with no professional background. But I'm committed to work on this project until it's done.

If you have any ideas or would like to help us, just leave a comment.

Phil

York(Posted 2015) [#2]
Hey,

I am interested to work in a team. I am also german ... :)
Email?

Greetz York

Phil7(Posted 2015) [#3]
Hey,
Merry christmas! Your post is kind of a christmas present to me ;-)
I had a quick look at your homepage and your work is pretty impressive!
Did you make all the games in Monkey X?

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2015) [#4]
would this be an open source or free project or are you looking for it to bring in some money either being sold or via ad's?

Phil7(Posted 2015) [#5]
this is a good question...
First the short answer to it: Yes, it should bring in some money.
Now some hints about reasons and goals:
- The designer is just starting out to make a living from selling arts - this is quite an adventure
- There are a lot of small apps and progs just not reaching the barrier of effectiveness and usability - maybe due to lack of time and money
- I want to make an impact in helping some children to use their potential, not trying to get rich by using their weakness.
- I want to get it spread to a lot of children. So it needs to be free at least for some of them ...
- There are some negative associations about the quality of a product, if it is completely free of charge.
- I would be glad if I get to a point where I can work on this goal most of the time.
- Ads inside the app and IAP seem to be no option, because I think children need shelter instead of psychological manipulation through marketing tricks.

I'm interested in your thoughts about this. Allways looking forward to some new perspectives...
@Paul: What was your reason for asking this question? Are you looking for an open source project to get involved or some chance to make money? ;-)

Xaron(Posted 2015) [#6]
Hey maybe I can help as well. Did a toddler puzzle once and several other apps: http://www.leidel.net/wp/apps/

Phil7(Posted 2015) [#7]
Great. I really appreciate your interest in this project! :-)
Mail?

Xaron(Posted 2015) [#8]
It's in my profile page. ;)