A section for Monkey X employers to list jobs?

Monkey Archive Forums/Monkey Discussion/A section for Monkey X employers to list jobs?

tjcoder(Posted 2015) [#1]
I searched and only seen project-hire threads related to hiring Monkey X coders. I'm posting in this section because it seems appropriate.

I have a project with a finished back-end and documented protocol but have no time to do a client. I'd like to just pay someone hourly or fixed to do it in some months or weeks. It's realistic for a single dev even. No 3D, video, animation, or advanced UI/UX; the back-end does most logic.

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2015) [#2]
Got any further details about what the project might be, what level of programming is required and what sort of time frame or deadline would need to be met?

The skill level's of people here is very varied from total beginners to people who work in the industry so if your a little more specific on what's required then more people will be able to let you know if they can or are interested in the job.

tjcoder(Posted 2015) [#3]
It's basically texas holdem no-limit with a virtual currency and player stats on the back-end and a the client polls every 00:10:00 via synchronous TCP socket for basically a struct that tells what and how to display the table. I even return which buttons to enable in the table struct.

The struct is standard JSON but I can change it to anything easily like binary, CSV, XML etc..

You basically blip or flip the screen buffer using the states the server returns and handle UI/UX events and send those to the server via synchronous TCP. It'd be nice to only support a certain resolution and up with retina support(whatever has market share and scale elements or do virtual resolution). Landscape only.

There are only four screens: login, table list, table, generic loading screen with bitmap-map timed visual.

I wrote and tested the server, and wrote a third of the client in another language before I ran out of time do to work. I'm the owner so it isn't sub-contracting. Definitly going with Monkey X because I want to have a single source for client and single source for server.

Nobuyuki(Posted 2015) [#4]
A job section sounds like a really nice idea, although MonkeyX jobs for hire seem pretty few-and-far-between. Good luck finding a coder, there's no shortage of them here and I'm certain at least one will be both willing and qualified enough to take the job for the right price :)

tjcoder(Posted 2015) [#5]
Yeah I've actually tried to sub out some MonkeyX work in the past on freelance websites and got zero quotes. Coders for the JS and .NET engines are everywhere though.

EdzUp MkII(Posted 2015) [#6]
Gets my vote :D

Phil7(Posted 2015) [#7]
Same here 1+
Maybe a section for collaboration would also be nice ;-)
I'm still looking for someone to join or to help.
It's not been my first thought, but I'm willling to pay for some pieces of code.