High Scores.

Monkey Archive Forums/Monkey Discussion/High Scores.

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2015) [#1]
What are you guys using for online High Score's

The options I see at the moment seem to be to either host them myself on a small domain some where , host them locally off my home computer or pay for some massive online service.

I would love to hear what you guys are all doing for this, I'm open to any suggestion.

So I'm gona start listing them as I find them

GMScoreboard
http://gmscoreboard.com/ -Free account gets 2 score boards of 50 entries each it seems.

Swarm
http://www.swarmconnect.com/

silentshark(Posted 2015) [#2]
Me too! :-)

Phil7(Posted 2015) [#3]
I have no real practical experience with it, but I tried Google Web Toolkit. You can make a free servlet there
and Requests were unlimited, Datastore Put Operations: unlimited, High Replication Data: 0.5 GB in 24h
It is about a year ago, so I'm not shure if it is still like this.

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2015) [#4]
Back in the day there were no solutions except those you self hosted so for me if it comes down to it I'm sure I can knock something half decent together and self host, but I'm sure there must be more than a few people here who have already taken this on and solved it.

therevills(Posted 2015) [#5]
If you are targeting Android you can use their leader board stuff.

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2015) [#6]
Looking for something that will work multi platform or more precisely platform in dependant .

Xaron(Posted 2015) [#7]
I use my own web hosting solution with php and mysql on the server side. Works rock solid. I can share my code if you want to take a look? It's even somehow "secure" and cheat protected due to hashes.

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2015) [#8]
Yeah by all means share it, actually if you zip it I will link to it above for others to easily find, or does it have a repo on git ?

I'm still looking for others, I wrote one myself in asp years ago and then did a second in php back when I was using blitz2D but they were not all that secure and easily beaten with a quick peek at the source..

I wasn't really using my webspace so I let it die, this would give me a reason to buy some more hosting.