Supporting Monkey X with media images and links..

Monkey Archive Forums/Monkey Discussion/Supporting Monkey X with media images and links..

Richard Betson(Posted 2015) [#1]
Hi,

I was interested in how many here include image based links within their game to Monkey X? I do and prominently post about BRL products when I can, for example this latest news post on IndieDB.
http://www.indiedb.com/games/phoenix-universe-of-space-combat

I was thinking that it would be nice to have some promotional media images sort of like IndieDB or Steam or many others have. Something like this.
http://www.indiedb.com/mediakit

It would be cool I think to have some various sized official Money X media images we can use for our games, websites and the various social pages. It's easy to do and makes it easy for me. :)

Raul(Posted 2015) [#2]
That's my About Screen in my latest game:

Richard Betson(Posted 2015) [#3]
^Neat. . . And mine.

EdzUp(Posted 2015) [#4]
I put a monkey X logo on the main menu, I'm gonna make it so if you click it it takes you here :)

I would like some media for games etc it would help loads :)

FBEpyon(Posted 2015) [#5]
I would think you could just make a splash screen of some sort that when the program ended it showed the Made by Monkey logo as well.. I know this is an in your face approach, but its useful when trying to advertise, and the logo doesn't get hidden in the games logo.. Orr when the game starts up you show Made with Monkey with a logo at the start..

That's my suggestions :P

Richard Betson(Posted 2015) [#6]
just make a splash screen

I sort of like the 'powered by Unity' logo you see in many Android games. Made by Monkey maybe? Maybe powered by MX2? Really any type of official logo for splash screen and art/logos of various sizes for websites/social are welcome. It is a great way to make sure the Monkey X brand gets out there and with Marks approach to funding a necessary tool I think and easy to make or have made.

FBEpyon(Posted 2015) [#7]
I would go with the splash screen concept it would be nice if the main modules had a option for when ending the game it popped up a Made by Monkey-X, and then a go to www.monkey-x.com and help support.

I have jumped around from multiple libs for C++, gone to Untity, and I always go back to Blitz Research products, and have always spent my money on them, and from what I have seen with Monkey2 it's going to be amazing it has all the qualities of Blitzmax, and that's what I want in a language, one were you can pick it up, and have the same strengths of standard C++ and Java.

BUT, splash screen is what I have already been going with even in BlitzMax