Monkey-X developer needed for short project

Monkey Archive Forums/Monkey Discussion/Monkey-X developer needed for short project

lwm(Posted 2015) [#1]
I'm re-posting this on right forum.

We need a developer with Monkey-X experience. We have some Monkey-X code that we licensed, and we need some help with it. We initially want to have someone consult with us on some challenges that we are having, but we may decide to let you handle the whole project (in which case would about ~1.5 weeks). If you're interested, please let us know and we can discuss further.

Thanks.

Midimaster(Posted 2015) [#2]
I think you have to tell a little more about the project to find the appropriate developer. Which target platforms is the code for? Is it a game? What are your challenges. Does 1.5 weeks mean 60 hours of work? Or do you need the final solution already within 1.5 week? ...

Perhaps I can support you. Contact me on email.

lwm(Posted 2015) [#3]
In summary, this is a 2D iOS arcade game. We're interested in adding some in-app purchases, add some analytics, and other small features. The timeline I provided is to give a rough idea of the project duration, but obviously we need to discuss the scope.

I'll contact you on email to provide more details.

lwm(Posted 2015) [#4]
More info:

We are looking for feature additions and not debugging. This is a 2D iOS game. New features include additional in-app purchases, integration with Flurry analytics, Appirator, and some graphics integration. We have the Objective-C++ code that I believe was generated by Monkey-X. However, all the code is in one class, with no comments or intuitive method names, making it very difficult to use the native code to add new features. At first we thought we would use the Objective-C++ code, but after seeing what we had, we figured that we might have better luck working with the Monkey-X source than trying to work with one huge file. This is part of what we want someone to assess for us - do we just work with Monkey-X or try to deal with the single file objective-C++ code.

Raul(Posted 2015) [#5]
@lwm:
I think you need more than just a MonkeyX developer:

"New features include:"
"additional in-app purchases," -> this can be done by any MonkeyX dev
"integration with Flurry analytics, Appirator," -> a wrapper must be code first
"and some graphics integration" -> this can be done by any MonkeyX dev

:)

MikeHart(Posted 2015) [#6]
Raul, for Flurry, look at my website.

lwm(Posted 2015) [#7]
Raul, are you interested in having a discussion about this? We are likely to scope down some things depending on how easily we can find people who know Monkey-X well.

Raul(Posted 2015) [#8]
@MikeHart:
nice one! man.. you see. this is one of the issues of monkeyX. no one can see what features are in the framework, for sure. these are the modules I need...

@lwm:
please contact me here: http://rvlgames.com/contact.html and I will come back with a response ASAP.

lwm(Posted 2015) [#9]
Raul@, the emails are bouncing - tried contact@ and support@, but they're failing delivery.

Raul(Posted 2015) [#10]
shame on me! thanks for pointing me that out.
try again at Contact :)

Thanks,

lwm(Posted 2015) [#11]
Update - we have made some progress in salvaging the code. Now we need help with the Ad Networks. In particular, we need modules for Chartboost and Vungle. If anyone can help, please email me (contact info in my profile).

Thanks.