Titan Attacks for Android in Humble Bundle!

Monkey Archive Forums/Monkey Discussion/Titan Attacks for Android in Humble Bundle!

Grey Alien(Posted 2015) [#1]
Hi all, I ported Titan Attacks to Android with Monkey X using a new framework I've been working on. Anyway, today it's out in the Humble Bundle! https://www.humblebundle.com/

Check it out :-)

dragon(Posted 2015) [#2]
they do not write own port ?

and wtf is VVVVVV ?
what a shit
>10 k sales alone on Play store !!!

can not belive that
*headshot*

Grey Alien(Posted 2015) [#3]
Thanks for your positive post.

tiresius(Posted 2015) [#4]
Congratulations Grey Alien that is quite an achievement.

Is there going to be a Monkey-X Framework for sale coming out of you soon?

dragon(Posted 2015) [#5]
(i hope you do not ported VVVVVV ?)

Grey Alien(Posted 2015) [#6]
@tiresius No sorry, it's just a private framework at the moment and there seem to be some other good ones already.

@dragon Nope, just Titan Attacks. VVVVVV is a really great game btw.

Jesse(Posted 2015) [#7]
yes VVVVVV is a good game, Better than Floppy Bird. ;)

No, really, its a good game. Don't judge a book by it's cover. try it out first.

I will get the bundle not for Titan Attack. I liked Titan Attack a lot when it came out but I played it long enough that it no longer interest me. I also played VVVVVV when I got it on an old bundle for the PC it's a good game.

muddy_shoes(Posted 2015) [#8]
Odd that the one game picked out to be attacked is pretty much the most highly acclaimed game in the bundle.

Gerry Quinn(Posted 2015) [#9]
I remember playing VVVVVV years ago, though I can't remember the format. I found it okay but it didn't really grab me, but it got a decent amount of praise in general (there was some buzz that made me download it in the first place),

Well done on Titan Attacks anyway!

Samah(Posted 2015) [#10]
VVVVVV is an amazing game. I think dragon is just trolling.
Also, I read Titan Attacks as Attack on Titan. :)

Grey Alien(Posted 2015) [#11]
Ha Titan Attacks precedes Attack on Titan by a long way.

Soap(Posted 2015) [#12]
Congrats, Jake!!

Neuro(Posted 2015) [#13]
and wtf is VVVVVV ?
what a shit
>10 k sales alone on Play store !!!

can not belive that
*headshot*

You seriously don't know what VVVVVVV is?? You been missing out in the indie world.

dragon(Posted 2015) [#14]
i readed about it, but nothing more...
such game can create everybody in few weeks
yes of cource flappy bird can create everybody in some days... (or hours!)

what i want to say:
marketing is everything!

Neuro(Posted 2015) [#15]
So have you bothered to even play it yet? And does it matter that it can be created in a few weeks (although i'm pretty sure it wasn't)? The game was already big in the indie scene on the PC platform for over 2 years before it even got released on mobile. Marketing is one thing, but there are reasons why this game has that addictive appeal for so many gamers - and its not just graphics.

Soap(Posted 2015) [#16]
Dragon, it's easy to underestimate how much work even simple looking games can take to make. VVVVVV is critically acclaimed by the press and most important by gamers. There is a reason for that, even if you judge it from a shallow perspective. It's not simply marketing, although marketing helps to spread games with some kind of merit. Also talk is cheap, show us you can do better in short amount of time, teach us your ways if you can!

nullterm(Posted 2015) [#17]
Haven't tried the desktop yet (the utimate bundle on Steam looks enticing, love the game style), but your Android port is tons of fun!

Grey Alien(Posted 2015) [#18]
@nullterm Great! Glad you like it, thanks for buying.

Grey Alien(Posted 2015) [#19]
Up to 70,000 sales now! https://www.humblebundle.com/

Grey Alien(Posted 2015) [#20]
Final totals: 80K units and $437K

tiresius(Posted 2015) [#21]
If you don't mind me asking ... do you get a cut of revenue for Android sales or was the port a one-time deal ?

Grey Alien(Posted 2015) [#22]
A cut.