Ignition X trial or sample

Monkey Archive Forums/Monkey Discussion/Ignition X trial or sample

Fernando Correia(Posted 2015) [#1]
Is there a way to try Ignition X before buying it? Or at least to seem some sample code using it?

Nobuyuki(Posted 2015) [#2]
code samples aplenty in the documentation

Hotshot(Posted 2015) [#3]
I did like to have try before buying it and he should have trail demo for person who want code em to try new things and if is good then it would be good to buy them!

Playniax(Posted 2015) [#4]
I understand a trial would be nice but we have no way of protecting the source code right now with Monkey or Jungle.
Nobuyuki is right about the documentation, there are plenty source code examples.
You can read the docs and for a quick impression have a look at the quick reference guide.
You can find a demo and the source code of the demo in most topics.

Also recently I started to put source code links on some of the demo pages.
Here is an example: http://playniax.com/showcase/boulderdash/demo.html
Over time I will add some more.

RenK(Posted 2015) [#5]
A video demo of making something simple to show off the various features might be helpful for some folks if code examples just don't help them get their heads around how Ignition X works.

Not a full on tutorial necessarily, just a quick "Hey, this is what it takes to make *insert basic game* in Ignition X" kind of thing.

Supertino(Posted 2015) [#6]
*EDIT* Just saw the roadmap thread http://www.monkey-x.com/Community/posts.php?topic=8757&page=1 Guess I got to buy it now, here take my money you filthy monkey.

I've been on the fence about getting Ignition X for a while now, Currently I use my own engine (I use that term loosely), Ignition does so much more than I could ever do, £50 though is a considered purchase, its a bargain at £50 compared to other solutions however.

I have a few questions on Ignition,

1. Future support and features - are we likely to get anything more added down the road?
2. Platform support - Does Ignition stick to Marks ideal of only adding features that all support platforms can support?
3. Platform integration - Ready to go modules\examples of integrating steam into desktop games? (more monkey than Ignition but would be nice to have, a great sales bullet point)

skape(Posted 2015) [#7]
Your 2 and 3 are mutually exclusive. ;)

I personally am fine with some features, clearly marked, that are only for specific platforms. That's how you end up with the most flexible, featured, toolkit. :)

Playniax(Posted 2015) [#8]
Future support and features - are we likely to get anything more added down the road?

The roadmap is a rough map of where things are or should be going. I am also working on more games and these games sometimes need features that the framework not has yet so it benefits from that too. Most of the time these are small functions. Is there anythings specific you want?

Platform support - Does Ignition stick to Marks ideal of only adding features that all support platforms can support?

I am staying away from native stuff so basically yes. Maybe this will change in the future.

Platform integration - Ready to go modules\examples of integrating steam into desktop games? (more monkey than Ignition but would be nice to have, a great.

No plans ATM.