Best way to contribute to Monkey Documentation?

Monkey Archive Forums/Monkey Discussion/Best way to contribute to Monkey Documentation?

arawkins(Posted 2015) [#1]
I'd like to contribute to documentation in Monkey but I'm not sure what the best way to do so would be. Does anyone have any advice? These are the options I've considered so far:

a) Editing/adding to the official documentation via pull requests to monkey-x on github.

b) Writing third party content (tutorials, guides, etc.) for posting on other external sites

Also as Monkey developers what would you like to see written about the most? What do you see as the biggest weaknesses/omissions in the documentation?

ziggy(Posted 2015) [#2]
Option "a" is the best if you ask me.

arawkins(Posted 2015) [#3]
Thanks ziggy, that was my feeling too. I saw that you've done some contributions via github. Is Mark/BRL fairly open to merging in requests?

Pakz(Posted 2015) [#4]
I would like to see more tiny examples for the commands/language. There is a lot of things that can be done that is not written down I guess. I find myself searching the forum more for short examples then browsing through the documentation.
I think with maps/stacks/arrays/classes ect. a lot more examples would teach me how to better use Monkey.

I hope you are serieus about helping out and can get a whole lot done :)

Nobuyuki(Posted 2015) [#5]
Some more documentation on new / experimental features would be good, for example the new resolution and screen mode features in Monkey v8x for glfw. Documentation on creating custom targets, generating documentation, and adding support for parameter descriptions would be great. monkeydoc seems to have partial support for parameter descriptions, but the descriptions were never completed in the documentation and are apparently completely left out -- for example the descriptions and documentation are a bit lacking in many parts of the brl module.

Why0Why(Posted 2015) [#6]
I agree with Pakz. I always appreciate snippets for most commands. I know plenty of people have asked for clarification on extern stuff.

arawkins(Posted 2015) [#7]
Thanks everyone, that really helps. There seem to be lots of gaps here and there so it is good to have some direction on where to start.

tiresius(Posted 2015) [#8]
It would be good to get a list of all the 'gaps' as Nobuyuki has started, just in case someone has knowledge in a particular area they can chime in.
It has been a while since I have perused the docs and I do not use advanced features (yet) so it would be good to know what is lacking.