Monkey X on OSX

Monkey Archive Forums/Monkey Discussion/Monkey X on OSX

TVCruelty(Posted 2014) [#1]
Hi,

I purchased the Pro version of Monkey X on my PC a while ago and the zip file I downloaded contains a Monkey.exe file, which opens Ted.

In Ted (or Jungle IDE) on my PC, possible targets do not include iOS or OSX, which is understandable. However, I'd now like to have a go at targeting them but have no idea how to get hold of an OSX version of Ted. I'm obviously missing something - please give me a nudge in the right direction!

I'm also a bit miffed that my Pro download link has now expired. Is there any way I can re-download in the future?

Many thanks,
Ian

dawlane(Posted 2014) [#2]
If you have purchased the pro version, then you should have received the registration code. Click your user name in the upper right of the web site to register the product. You will also find you can download all of the versions of Monkey Pro via the Products updates in that list.
All versions of Ted (Window/Linux/OSX) are included in both the free and the Pro version. To run Ted and build Applications for OSX and iOS you have to install Monkey onto a Intel Apple Mac. You will also need an iOS device (a long with being in the iOS developer program) for actual testing as the simulator that comes with Xcode is inaccurate.

TVCruelty(Posted 2014) [#3]
Thanks for the quick response.

Yes, I do have a Mac and some iOS devices, so all good there!

And yes, I was being thick about re-downloading - I'd registered but didn't think to look at Product Updates under my user name. D'oh!

Your help is much appreciated. Cheers.