Go vote for monkey!

Monkey Archive Forums/Monkey Discussion/Go vote for monkey!

GW_(Posted 2014) [#1]
Here is nice compiled list of mobile and web sdk packages/languages. Let's put Monkey on top!

http://www.slant.co/topics/341/~what-are-the-best-2d-game-engines

V. Lehtinen(Posted 2014) [#2]
A link for lazy people:
http://www.slant.co/topics/341/viewpoints/29/~what-are-the-best-2d-game-engines~monkey-x

Danilo(Posted 2014) [#3]
You should have mentioned it requires Facebook or Google+ account to vote,
or create a new account on this site.

V. Lehtinen(Posted 2014) [#4]
I guess he didn't think using your Facebook or G+ account would be such a big deal...?

silentshark(Posted 2014) [#5]
vote cast :-)

ziggy(Posted 2014) [#6]
Voted!

programmer(Posted 2014) [#7]
+1

Sammy(Posted 2014) [#8]
Voted.

tiresius(Posted 2014) [#9]
Voted !

outsider(Posted 2014) [#10]
+1

EdzUp(Posted 2014) [#11]
+1

SLotman(Posted 2014) [#12]
voted too :)
Common people! 9 more votes to pass Cocos2D!!

Szafirek(Posted 2014) [#13]
+1

Pierrou(Posted 2014) [#14]
It just takes a few seconds to register and vote. Plus it's nice to be able to tell the world what a great tool Monkey X is.

Jesse(Posted 2014) [#15]
+1
**Good Monkey!**

MOBii(Posted 2014) [#16]
Got my vote

Skn3(Posted 2014) [#17]
Voted

Danilo(Posted 2014) [#18]
Common people! 9 more votes to pass Cocos2D!!

Voted.

Danilo(Posted 2014) [#19]
10 more votes required to reach top five. Only round about 50 active Monkey X guys voted, out of a few thousand registered users?

Volker(Posted 2014) [#20]
Voted

SLotman(Posted 2014) [#21]
Monkey is now #4, 11 more votes and we pass that lousy "Construct 2"!! Let's go people, vote, vote, vote!!! :)

rebelas(Posted 2014) [#22]
I have hard to vote, there are different things in the list. Phaser.io (you code with JavaScript or TypeScript) and Monkey (is a language) are API. Fusion 2.5 and GameMaker is application. Some are both. They are hybrid, although close to application with an scripting language offered for fine tuning. I have no difficulty voting between MS office and Open Office, but I have difficulty voting between Java API and MS Office, or C# API and Open Office. We are historically moving towards game applications. Very soon there will be complete separation between game applications and game API. So far, all Blitz products have been API, this is why we programmers love them. We programmers create API or applications, game producer do not create API or applications, they use application to create final products.

As side note:
I am not at all interested in game applications (Fusion, Unity, GameMaker ...), I am not game producer. Those programmers who want to make games to make money for living, will gradually forget their programming skills and become game application users. In old time we had board games, those games are still around. Some design those games and some play with them and some sell the final product. Those who design games in old fashion, use skills of artists, carpenters, printers etc. Now in our time, game designers use our skills. Game producers may make lots of money by collaborating with marketing people. This tells us that we should not sell our skills cheap. I have read that game programmers are being exploited very bad in game companies by working long hours. We should stop that abuse also. We should not let love of providing our skills for making fun games ruin our life.

Difference(Posted 2014) [#23]
+1

tiresius(Posted 2014) [#24]
We are losing to Game Makers.

mdgunn(Posted 2014) [#25]
Voted

skape(Posted 2014) [#26]
Voted!

MOBii(Posted 2014) [#27]
Please vote for the little brother BlitzMax too:
What are the best 2D Game Engines?
What are the best languages/frameworks for a beginner to start developing video games?