Post your work area's

Monkey Archive Forums/Monkey Discussion/Post your work area's

Supertino(Posted 2014) [#1]
I just bought two monitor arm mounts off ebay and upgraded my work area =). I am rather chuffed with the extra space and the layout, I can now also make use of my old 19" monitor along side my main 24".

I think it's time for another #thisismyworkspace

This is now my new joyous work area.

Raul(Posted 2014) [#2]
I like it.

Here it is mine:

That tiny blue can is the beer. One of my devel tool :))

Xaron(Posted 2014) [#3]
I hope the glass on the left contains whisky? ;)

therevills(Posted 2014) [#4]
Here's ours:

Windows dev machine:

Mac dev machine:

Looks pretty simple compared to you guys...

Lindsay(Posted 2014) [#5]
What frightens me is how tidy y'all are!

My work area is more like "somewhere under here is a desk..." ;)

Snader(Posted 2014) [#6]
This is mine.. I actually cleaned it up yesterday. It became a mess since I didn't clean at all for the last three months...

Nobuyuki(Posted 2014) [#7]
sure, why not.

the other side of this desk is typical office / desk fare. Printer, sketching implements, cutting mat, staplers, disks, inbox/outbox and the like.

Derron(Posted 2014) [#8]
@Nobuyuki
Afraid of accidentally pressing "ESC" ... or is this your boss key :p.

Wondering why only therevills has a "real phone" next to his computer, I have an additional phone with cord next to me - so an empty battery wont disturb important calls of clients or grandmothers needing help :D.

Should really convince my girlfriend to "allow" a multi-monitor setup on my desk but as I do not "live develop" (dunno the name for the method of coding and the app changes accordingly in real time) I do not see the 100% need to have multiple monitors - except for 3d modelling as it allows "bigger" subwindows in Blender.

bye
Ron

therevills(Posted 2014) [#9]
I use multi-monitors at work and its really good, at home I had them set up too - but found I didn't use the second one often enough... saying that I am looking at the 21:9 aspect ratio monitors which allows two "desktops" on the same screen.

Supertino(Posted 2014) [#10]
@rev - you developing anything with that Oculus?

Nobuyuki(Posted 2014) [#11]
@Derron
LOL, it's just for looks, mainly. Also, I can't speak for everyone else, but it's cheaper for me to forego the landline and use my cell phone, which conveniently is not pictured because it was doing the actual picture-taking! The charge cable is next to my mouse, though, that's where it would normally be.