BRL Affiliate Program - Earn 20%! [MONKEY NEWS]

Monkey Archive Forums/Monkey Discussion/BRL Affiliate Program - Earn 20%! [MONKEY NEWS]

simonh(Posted 2014) [#1]
To become a Blitz Research affiliate, please sign up via this link:

https://cp.shareit.com/shareit/affiliates/signup.html?publisherid=21174&md5=dcae339a1b563797be6e2fb67f94a55c

Once you have successfully signed up, you will receive information about the links to place on your own website.

If anyone purchases one of our products via your website, you will receive 20% of the product price.

Payments are then handled via ShareIt on a monthly basis, and you will also receive monthly payment reports via email.

Hopefully this will be a win-win for ourselves and the community - if you have any questions, please let me know!

therevills(Posted 2014) [#2]
Have you got any high resolution images we can use as image links on our sites?

simonh(Posted 2014) [#3]
Yes high-res images are on the way...

Derron(Posted 2014) [#4]
How is the affiliate tracking handled? As eg. the monkey demo is a "standard download" with no personal tracking data (no "burned in" serial) you as affiliate wont get paid if somebody downloads the demo on your request and later on just visits the monkey-x.com page to check "how and where to buy".

This is the same problem that whole bigfishgames/fill-in-other-publisher/-downloads had: they just did not compile a "affiliate customized"-setup.exe.

So: how are such problems tackled?

bye
Ron

Xaron(Posted 2014) [#5]
Now that's indeed a nice idea! Plus Mark _should_ charge for modules or targets. Maybe even add a yearly subscriber option.

Signed up!

simonh(Posted 2014) [#6]
How is the affiliate tracking handled?

A cookie is used, so as long as the user visits your site first, you will still get the commission even after the user downloads the demo and orders via our site.

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2014) [#7]
This is a really cool idea, and something I would instantly sign up for if my site got more than 2 hits a day, and I think one of them is probably me lol.

simonh I wonder if some form of referral program might be also possible where each user in their account info page would have some sort of code or referral link that they would give out to people, and if a referral resulted in a sale then that user could gain something from it, just like the affiliate system but a bit more direct, it would enable people to put links in forum signatures and forum posts and facebook and just about everywhere else on the net which would spread the word and benefit both parties.

Derron(Posted 2014) [#8]
Ok ... cookie system...
This is a method used for years ... and for years things did not pay out (just the same for eg. amazon links: you link to a product - a person wents to amazon using your link, adds to
cart - another site is visited, with another amazonlink ... baem you lost your ref).

I know that you cannot overcome this with a personalized "setup.exe" (except you can buy from within the program, which is not possible in the current state) but such things improve chances - and therefor interest for potential advertisers.
Also things like an IDE with all "targets" showing up - but having a popup-nagscreen when trying to setup a "non-free" target. This then shows in a nice manner how and where to buy something.

Another "promotional" thing is : user based starting page (something like www.monkey-x.com/index.php?uid=XXX
Now you could use this for referal systems - or just for having an "top visitor contributing users"-list so people might feel encouraged to link to the page.

But now: step after step trying to change the current situation.

bye
Ron

DruggedBunny(Posted 2014) [#9]
Signed up!

Soap(Posted 2014) [#10]
You should have the e-mail address of everyone who has ever purchased Monkey. I recommend doing a one time e-mail send to everyone on that list notifying them they can affiliate sell Monkey now since this is so important for future of Monkey dev.

Playniax(Posted 2014) [#11]
Signed up...

SLotman(Posted 2014) [#12]
Best idea I read here in ages! Is Mark knowing about this?

I don't remember how ShareIt panel works with affiliation (been ages since I accessed it lol) - but if It would be possible to have custom links, something like shareit.com/buy.php?affid=xpto - then people could even post links on Facebook, twitter and other places advertising Monkey!

Edit: I just accessed it, and it *is* possible!

This plan provides your affiliates with links that point to your product, shopping cart, or order pages and that include the extra parameter "affiliate=xxx". xxx stands for the ID of your affiliate (affiliate ID) or your marketing promotion. Any combination of numbers and letters can be used for xxx.
In our reports, this ID will be listed with orders that were placed via this type of URL.

SLotman(Posted 2014) [#13]
Hmmm... do I need to create an affiliate account? Can't I just use the account I have as a seller?

Snader(Posted 2014) [#14]
Signed up!

erebel55(Posted 2014) [#15]
I know SoCoder has probably brought a handful or two of users to Monkey. So jay should probably know about this.

Sub_Zero(Posted 2014) [#16]
I tried to sign up but keep getting this error: " ! Due to technical reasons, we are not able to validate your bank data." in the IBAN field... :-(

Tri|Ga|De(Posted 2014) [#17]
I get the same error!

What to do?

If you want os to use this then please see if you can help with our problem.

Soap(Posted 2014) [#18]
Probably just ask them to send you a check instead.

Xaron(Posted 2014) [#19]
I've added a "Monkey X" section to my blog with that referal link. :)
http://www.leidel.net/wp/monkey-x/

Snader(Posted 2014) [#20]
Finally had some time to make use of this by starting some Monkey-X promotion talk..

quantum(Posted 2014) [#21]
Anyone made big money yet? :-)

Xaron(Posted 2014) [#22]
Well I wish Mark would just have the balls to do another and not that depressing blog update. That was some kind of a desaster. I mean I have a hard time to convince people that Monkey is NOT dead. All people I show Monkey are excited but after that they dig deeper and tell me: "Well the creator of Monkey said he won't continue on it so why should I buy a dead product?". Mark, PLEASE, if you read this, we all know (and you've admitted it) that you "suck" at marketing but do yourself a favour and give us a chance to promote it. It's hard enough but with your blog entry it's almost impossible.

quantum(Posted 2014) [#23]
Ditto!

gasmonso(Posted 2014) [#24]
I'm ready to help promote Monkey, but yes we definitely need a pep talk from Mark. They're are several people here that would be happy to do the marketing if he can give us his commitment.

Mark, you love coding so focus on that and leave the marketing to others. It's a win win situation.

But you have to make a decision, because indecision is toxic. Don't let this opportunity go to waste.

Your products rock!

Arabia(Posted 2014) [#25]
Would Monkey X work as a completely free product with minimal features, and then modules sold as add ons at a low price? Similar to how OpenCart works - the product works out of the box at no charge but if you want add ons there is a markplace where you can buy them, and a percentage goes to the author of the module and a percentage goes to BRL?

Would encourage developers to create modules knowing they had at least one sale, a those who purchase can rate the module.

Just a thought :)

P.S. OpenCart modules are cheap (most < $10 each). 50-50 split with BRL would be cool, and that way Monkey could be free or even cheaper. Don't get me wrong, I think Monkey is too cheap at the moment, but lots of people will just go the free route instead of paying $99 or whatever it currently is. Get them hooked, then sell them the upgraded features. I'll purchase the MySQL driver module when it's written :)

Playniax(Posted 2014) [#26]
I do agree that the blog was a marketing NO NO but Mark is still updating, bug fixing and improving monkey.

If you really want to help just spread the word on how great Monkey is, advertise it on your website, buy Monkey if you don't have it yet, credit it in your games/apps and stop threads like 'how to save monkey?' etc. it's just making matters worse IMHO,

Monkey is great and I don't want to end up using another programming language :)

Salmakis(Posted 2014) [#27]
same here =)
monkey Need nerf, just to OP

muruba(Posted 2015) [#28]
Please ignore me as a complete idiot, but I DO think that Monkey's current business model is completely flawed and cannot provide the authors with the steady income necessary for the product on-going costs to cover new features and improvements. The new improved model should follow UNREAL 4 model and become subscription-based. You pay once and use the product or subscribe to get all updates OR subscribe/unsubscribe as many times as you want to get updates. This is a great model and it works, developers accept it. Existing users can be given a year/half-year of free subscription and then either subscribe and pay monthly or don't subscribe and use the existing version.

tjcoder(Posted 2015) [#29]
I'm actually surprised, as a professional and independent developer, of how stagnate Monkey X is. I've actually been watching the cross-platform cross-compile dev tool market for years and Monkey X is the only one I've actually invested in.

Actually,,, It's the -only- single-source tool that does native that I know of that is actually stable. The others are a huge mess and barely see support and maintenance. The entire market is around four solutions.

I write it off as too many people being inexperienced and not understanding what it takes to finish and support a software project and what it means to have a single source-code for a large code-base.. Granted, Monkey doesn't really have any built-in UI, encryption, or access to GPS and accelerator, but even given that.. The others don't either at least UI/UX.

Soap(Posted 2015) [#30]
All of the development time right now is going into Monkey 2 at the moment. M2 allows more nice things by losing some platforms M1 can target which were constraining it. Mojo2 was released for Monkey and it adds some nice things too.

There are 3rd party frameworks for Monkey which support those things. It can be extended easily.

tjcoder(Posted 2015) [#31]
I see Monkey X on most of the top-5 and top-10 tool articles and blog posts so I don't think marketing is the problem. It's design seems solid too. I just wonder why there aren't many developers. I couldn't even pay a premium to get people to make stuff with it on freelancer sites and I don't have a team I can just have learn it.

SLotman(Posted 2015) [#32]
I see Monkey X on most of the top-5 and top-10 tool articles

I never saw it. People talk about Unity, about Unreal, about Corona, Cocos2d-x, Construct, Marmalade, GameMaker... even when I was at Casual Connect, every time I mentioned Monkey people looked at me with a big "?" at their foreheads.

Monkey is one hell of a solution, way better than anything out there. But I guess most people nowadays prefer the "drag and drop - script" approach. And those who don't, have never heard of it either...

Playniax(Posted 2015) [#33]
Monkey is one hell of a solution, way better than anything out there.

I agree.

most people nowadays prefer the "drag and drop - script" approach

Drag and drop - script will bring you only so far. You can't avoid to get your hands dirty at some point and start some real coding.

tjcoder(Posted 2015) [#34]
I've only seen one RAD app builder that was like $3,000 and barely documented, and then loads of JS, .NET, and WebView/HTML5 engines which really have absolutely no economical and logistical advantage over Monkey X. There is TheGameCreators APK too but but it barely sees support and development and you play a game of dodge with all it's bugs which are mostly months and years reported. I found Monkey X through a high-index top-10 article.

My first impression of Monkey X was J2ME/Java except with a clean IDE.

I'm so busy maintaining other projects and jobs I can't get my main project ported to it. I think I learned everything but the media management part for embedded platforms inside 24 hours because I mastered Java and C++ in the late 90s. Most people may be confused by the OOP and callbacks but those are way better than manually writing thread-handling and structures to keep code organized and the input thread free.

Soap(Posted 2015) [#35]
Playniax, I disagree to a degree. I prefer real coding by far, but you can still make complete games with the drag and drop solutions as long as they have enough tot hem. Tons of top selling games were made with these solutions. I know, I worked on projects where they were used. Unreal and Unity both have drag and drop solutions. PlayMaker and Blueprints - both of which do make prototyping faster, and enable artist types to make things without relying on the team coders. A drag and drop solution for Monkey would totally be possible to make, and it would bring in a certain market who wants that, but it may not be worth making just because of tool saturation in the market. Monkey's strengths are important to me, but with people only focused on releasing on just mobile other tools have more appeal.

Playniax(Posted 2015) [#36]
Soap, I agree to a degree ;) Drag and drop can certainly speed things up to get started. I have nothing against it as long as I know what it is doing. Besides, we are adding some editor tools to our frameworks that work with drag and drop but you will still have to do some 'real' coding.