Community Chat

Monkey Archive Forums/Monkey Discussion/Community Chat

erebel55(Posted 2014) [#1]
I know there have been various threads on this, but none of them have seemed to stick.

Would anyone be interested in an irc channel or google hangout? Or just sharing skype/IM ids?

I would love to have a place to ask questions and get more real-time answers.

I have been hanging out in irc.blitzed.org but no one has popped by.

Edit: My skype id is "ethan_thornburg"

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2014) [#2]
Sadly this is something I have tried with the community countless times it almost worked a few times but ultimately the same thing happened eventually a few key people would stop coming online and into the chat and that would trigger the others to slowly bleed out as well.

The only way something like this would ever work or ever be of any success would be if it had official support from brl, a brl hosted channel with a web interface on the site so people on the site could just pop it open and instantly be able to direct chat, this does not need to be an irc network there are a number of web chat systems out there that would fit on the site or forum, but trying to get anything out of brl is like getting blood from a stone so not even worth the effort in trying.

My Skype is Taiphoz oddly enough, just be sure to mention monkey if you add me, unfortunately my headset is borked so wont be able to voice chat at the moment, but will txt

erebel55(Posted 2014) [#3]
Yeah, it would be nice to have a chat connected to this forum/website. Kind of like what they have at gamedev.net or gamedev.stackexchange

Sensei(Posted 2014) [#4]
Yeah I would like that too.

On the other hand, I run my own IRC server on my VPS for Blackjet, so if any of you want to hang out there, please feel free to do so.
I'm on there 24/7 but only really talk in the evenings as I unfortunately have a dayjob and "real life" crap that gets in the way.. :)

If you're interested, the info is:
irc url: blackjet.co.uk (not irc.blackjet.co.uk, JUST blackjet.co.uk)
port 6667 (the usual)
#blackjet

If anyone else has an IRC server/channel to share, it might be nice to compile a list of them here or something?