Ted (Free) doesn't work in Fedora 20

Monkey Archive Forums/Monkey Discussion/Ted (Free) doesn't work in Fedora 20

q2dg(Posted 2014) [#1]
Hello.
I've downloaded and uncompressed Monkey tarball, but when I want to execute ./bin/Ted in my Fedora 20 I get:

./bin/Ted: error while loading shared libraries: libQtWebKit.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I have libQtWebKit.so.4 installed in /usr/lib64

Thanks

nikoniko(Posted 2014) [#2]
q2dg wrote:
I have libQtWebKit.so.4 installed in /usr/lib64

I guess Monkey requires 32bit library, but

Try to copy this lib to /usr/lib
or make a hard link to missed files

q2dg(Posted 2014) [#3]
Thanks for your so fast answer!!

I've done what you say and it seems this was the problem...but I have another. Now I get the error:

./bin/Ted: error while loading shared libraries: libQtWebKit.so.4: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64

Maybe can Ted run only on 32bit systems?? (My Fedora is, as you can see, a 64 bit system)

Thanks a lot.

nikoniko(Posted 2014) [#4]
You should install libqt4-32bit to support 32 bit applications.

But anyway Ted is only editor, so you are free to user any other - eclipse, netbeans, etc or even run Ted, Molusk, Jungle in the Wine/CrossOver

q2dg(Posted 2014) [#5]
Oh, thanks!
I've installed the package called "qtwebkit.i686" (I had "qtwebkit.x86_64" installed instead) and it works!!
It looks a bit weird because "QGtkStyle could not resolve GTK. Make sure you have installed the proper libraries.Loaded the Generic plugin" but it doesn't matter.
Thanks!!

dawlane(Posted 2014) [#6]
The simple solution is to install QtCreator and re-build Ted as a 64bit program. Trying to install other 32bit libraries for GUI successfully varies from distribution to distribution.
The Links below is for Fedora 19 there shouldn't be any difference between 19 and 20
HOW TO: Install Monkey on Linux (a rough guide)
Install Fedora 19
NOTE: Installing Oracle JDK becomes your responsibility to maintain and update.

skid(Posted 2014) [#7]
For Ted, easiest is if you use QTCreator 4.8 not 5.2.

dawlane(Posted 2014) [#8]
skid means the QtCreator version 3 or depending on the Linux distribution version 2.7+ with Qt 4.8 or Qt 5.2 development. Again which version gets installed depends on the distribution.