ARG! lol...

Monkey Archive Forums/Monkey Discussion/ARG! lol...

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2014) [#1]
I was about to start working on my AdMob implementation in Hexanoid the project I have been working on since summer last year, but sadly have discovered that some one else has Released a version with striking similarities and name, released just a month or so ago.

I guess this means I will need to rename mine to something else, given that a search of Hexanoid will return only 1 result on Play, I would like to maintain that name but was thinking of calling or renaming my game Neon Hexanoid, or Neon Hex..

Any thoughts?

Raul(Posted 2014) [#2]
Hexaneon?

AdamRedwoods(Posted 2014) [#3]
bummer! your game is much better than the other one. i guess that will happen since there are 7 billion people on the planet.
Nexanoid. Hxxanoid. Haxanoid. Hexanex. HexaNexa. Hexarex. Hexabitz. Hexblitz.

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2014) [#4]
Oh I like some of those, I change some of my art to NeonHex for the time being , thanks for the suggestions guys..

Nobuyuki(Posted 2014) [#5]
Rokunoid, sounds like arkanoid but legally distinct! Unfortunately everyone thinks of a Roku box when they hear the word. It means "six" in Japanese. The name was also used for an old freeware 3d modelling program that was popular in the 90s ('Rokkaku daioh', localized in the west as 'HexaGreat 3d', play-on words!). At least you'd be in good company :)

Gerry Quinn(Posted 2014) [#6]
Not sure name actually matters much, I suspect there are multiple apps out there with the same name. Still, no harm to have a unique one. You are rolling off Arkanoid, I think. But you want a legit excuse to use the word... think HexArk, or maybe just a version of Ark that ignores 'hex'. After all, they can see in your screenshots that it's hex, right?

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2014) [#7]
I think I just got attached to the name Hexanoid, any time I sit down and start scribbling out new names I always seem to slip Hex in there its annoying lol.