Subscribe button keeps making me loose posts

Monkey Archive Forums/Monkey Discussion/Subscribe button keeps making me loose posts

Grey Alien(Posted 2014) [#1]
Bah I keep hitting that subscribe button below the reply box instead of the actual reply button and then you loose everything you've typed. Any way it could be made smaller, moved, or something. This has happened more than once. Yes I should be more careful and maybe I'll learn in time, but has anyone else done that by accident yet?

GfK(Posted 2014) [#2]
Not me. Actually I think this is my first post since the site update. It's been a while since I did any "webby" stuff, but I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be a huge deal to pass the contents of the reply box (if any) via POST (or some other way) so it remains after clicking the subscribe button.

Alternatively, the Subscribe button might be better situated at the top-right anyway. It'd be more practical there.

SLotman(Posted 2014) [#3]
Yeah, I've done it a couple of times too... very frustrating - but I'm hoping to get used to it.

computercoder(Posted 2014) [#4]
Alternatively, the Subscribe button might be better situated at the top-right anyway. It'd be more practical there.

Totally agree. I'm thinking even to the right of the actual post topic would suit it best. I've *ALMOST* clicked the subscribe button on many occassions, but I managed to realize what I was doing before going through with it. One time (or more) I'll not be so fortunate :P

Skn3(Posted 2014) [#5]
Perhaps the subscribe button could be upmarked to an ajax request when the user has javascript?

That way clicking it would not cause the page to redirect.

I have had the accidental subscribe problem a few times.