Monkey X Free Version Questions.

Monkey Archive Forums/Monkey Discussion/Monkey X Free Version Questions.

Redbeer(Posted 2013) [#1]
I own Monkey Pro, but I teach my class of 23 students with the demo version.
I'm considering having the IT department install the new Monkey X free version.

However, I'd like to know a couple things first.

1) What version of monkey is the free version at the moment? Is it 75d?

2) Does the current Monkey X version still work with the latest Diddy version?

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2013) [#2]
Version 77a is what the FREE users get access to , just checked, so I suspect that X will be kept upto date with all MAJOR updates but all the small in-between ones will remain with the Pro users.

Based on that I think you should Deff get your school to install it, and get all your students to register, and download the Free tool along with Diddy.

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2013) [#3]
I think in fact I am SURE!!!.. thew Free version account needs to enable those users to post on the forums, in the beginners section, the html5 section and the windows section, it seems stupid that they cannot given that they have the tools but cant ask for help with them. I hope marks working on that.

Timber(Posted 2013) [#4]
Ignore me im a total idiot I forgot to click the link in the e-mail to authenticate myself. DUH!!..

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2013) [#5]
SWEET!!.. I have a few mates that I have gotten into monkey they are still using the demo to learn with but now they can register correctly and post on the forums that's brilliant.

SLotman(Posted 2013) [#6]
77a? Latest version is 76d....

rIKmAN(Posted 2013) [#7]
I think they should be allowed to register and post on the forums, but only confined to a beginners area.
It will stop spamming and keep new users in an area where they can be easily helped, and not ruin the forums for paying members.

Also yeah, v76d is the latest experimental version for me too, so I think Taiphoz meant 76a and has fat fingers? :)

Does Diddy definitely work 100% with 76a?
I would check before recommending people use it with the free version, although I also think modules should be in the full version and not the free version, but that is probably not possible to implement.

Effectively the full version of Monkey is now just a "mobile licence", which is a shame as there could be more ways to entice free users to purchase.

ordigdug(Posted 2013) [#8]
Check github... latest info in version.txt is v77b.
Though.... latest on this website in "Products Update" "Experimental Versions" is v76d

simonh(Posted 2013) [#9]
http://www.monkeycoder.co.nz/Community/posts.php?topic=7637&post=74053

Also, free version users can now sign up and use the website the same as everyone else - we hope this will encourage more users to try Monkey and join the Monkey community.

MikeHart(Posted 2013) [#10]
Could it be that Monkey X free doesn't work properly on OSX 10.6.8:

http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/post.php?topic=101803&post=1211448

I can't test this myself as I am on 10.8.6 already.