monkey installation is sending me bananas.

Monkey Archive Forums/Monkey Discussion/monkey installation is sending me bananas.

Steve Ancell(Posted 2013) [#1]
Hi, I finally decided to swing over to monkey, but am experiencing to following problem...

I just purchased monkey, downloaded it from the link that Share-it sent, and it refuses to load. I get the following message.

"This application has failed to atsrt because MSVCP100.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."

I'm currently using a Pentium 4 with WinXP Home.
Thanx in advance.

Steve Ancell(Posted 2013) [#2]
It's OK now, I just realised I can download an up to date version from my account.

MikeHart(Posted 2013) [#3]
Welcome Steve. I am glad you made that decision. What made you swing over and from where? Your name sounds familiar to me.

Steve Ancell(Posted 2013) [#4]
I remember you too, I'm also on the AGK facebook page. I still haven't got around to fully learning AGK yet, I've been having to deal with a lot of other stuff latey.

I swung over from Blitz3D although I'm not going to completely ditch that one, it still comes in handy for some stuff.

MikeHart(Posted 2013) [#5]
Ah ok, TGC rings the bell now. AGK is a fine product. Just that i ran into probs on OSX everytime i tried it. Wish they had an OSX IDE.

I was happy to see that BRL updated Blitz3D to run on Win7 and Win8.

DarkyCrystal(Posted 2013) [#6]
AGK...I don't like their deals. I bought AGK, and now we have to bought AGK V2 to have some updates witch they should be in the ABK v1....

They wrote on their roadmap for AGK 1, html 5, but we waited, waited and now it seems that this idea has been canceled.

Now they are going to make AGK 2 with features that should have been in the first version (like linked list or blending mode).

So, on day is white, and the next day is black...don't like this. I supported them because of the roadmap. I've done the same with their freedom engine that they have canceled. Now that's enough :D