Duplicate Ted instances

Monkey Archive Forums/Monkey Discussion/Duplicate Ted instances

nori(Posted 2013) [#1]
I often open files from the explorer, and I wonder whether there could be a way (some Ted option i'm missing?) to prevent starting two Ted.exe instances. Especially because Ted automatically loads recent files on startup, provides no "file modified what should i do"-dialog and sometimes Windows even places the second Ted window on the exact same position, looked like it would just open a new tab, but now I know this part. Still I'm afraid I could overwrite a newer file at some point, don't know.

AdamRedwoods(Posted 2013) [#2]
i created a Qt5 modded Ted, because I wanted code lines, no separate instances, and not loading the latest files. The binaries are Win32 only, but I'm happy to share the code (Ted is GPL anyways ) so one can build for OSX.
http://monkeycoder.co.nz/Community/posts.php?topic=4740

nori(Posted 2013) [#3]
Cool :) I'll probably to definately use the this one :)

It apppears that I'm really bad at using this boards search function, sorry to everyone here when I bring up old topics in a new thread.

Would it be possible that your mods find their way into the official Ted? Couldn't be wrong, could it? I know at least about the instance/file issue that it should work better with your mod.

Anyway, thanks

AdamRedwoods(Posted 2013) [#4]
i use search all the time and find it difficult to shift through the results.

i should offer the code to BRL, just haven't gotten around to it.