Stable version

Monkey Archive Forums/Monkey Discussion/Stable version

wiliamtn(Posted 2013) [#1]
Hi guys

Can someone tell me what is the most current version (stable) for monkey

Gerry Quinn(Posted 2013) [#2]
I suggest you just take the previous version to the current number. Just change now and again unless you have some special reason to need the latest version. Generally there are no serious issues whatever version you use.

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2013) [#3]
75d I think is the last stable build, the 76 is still listed by mark as Experimental.

In regard to what Gerry is saying and when to update, personally I update only when I see a fix or change that will actually alter something I am working, or when as a result of an update one of the modules i use changes.

When working on a longer project it's best to try and keep your environment as stable and consistent as possible.

So yeah grab 75 and only bump upto 76 when you need to, or when it moves from the experimental list to the release list.

computercoder(Posted 2013) [#4]
I totally agree that you should stay with the same version mid stream into a project. Update only if there is something in the latest stable release that provides your app something beneficial.

As Taiphoz stated, 75d is the most recent stable build.

GfK(Posted 2013) [#5]
Just go to Account>>Product Updates, and get the version from the top of the list. Currently, that's 75d.

At the bottom of that page, are the 'experimental' versions - currently 76a. If you're planning on releasing something to the masses, you shouldn't use that version as stuff might be broken, or change without notice.