Does miniB3D deserve its own forum?

Monkey Archive Forums/Monkey Discussion/Does miniB3D deserve its own forum?

blabz(Posted 2013) [#1]
I mean, it is a topic that covers a lot of "ground" if you know what I'm getting at.

computercoder(Posted 2013) [#2]
It makes sense, seeing in the BlitzMAX community, it warranted its own forum too :)

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2013) [#3]
I wonder if a better solution may be to not just give minib3d a forum but to rework the whole modules forum.

possibly have a section called new modules where anything new would show up, then any modules that continue to post high, like mimib3d , diddy as examples would get their own forum.

You might have something like..
Modules >
   ->New Moudles (forum)
       ->modules in posts as they are now.
   -> Diddy (forum)
   -> MiniB3D (forum)
   -> Spine (forum)
   -> Jungle GUI (forum) etc......

I think any module that's got a maintained amount of high traffic should probably get its own forum, just look how many posts some of them are, and a few of them are into their 7th actual Thread.

Sammy(Posted 2013) [#4]
It would make finding a problem+solution a lot easier. Currently you have to trawl through humongously long threads with the browser search field to try and see if your question has been asked before. A list of specific questions and comments, in the thread titles, would be preferable.

So that would be a "Yes" from me.

CodeGit(Posted 2013) [#5]
+1

sionco(Posted 2013) [#6]
totally agree!
Now, I have the same difficulty as Sammy looking for answers.

MikeHart(Posted 2013) [#7]
Why not create an external forum? There you can do anything you want.

Raz(Posted 2013) [#8]
Why not create an external forum? There you can do anything you want.

Because having relevant information at one location creates a much better sense of community and makes trying new things in Monkey waaaaay easier.

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2013) [#9]
I agree having them all here is a far better idea, asking people to move away from the monkey site to discuss monkey code will reduce the overall community activity which no one wants, its low enough as it is.

MikeHart(Posted 2013) [#10]
Sure, I totally agree. But knowing the past of this place, I would not bet money on it that things will change in the near future.

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2013) [#11]
change is coming tho what with that theme and redesign thats being worked on, although i guess it all boils down to brl taking that design and actually doing something with it.

John Galt(Posted 2013) [#12]
+1, like the idea of a modules forum.

blabz(Posted 2013) [#13]
+1 Agreed!

EdzUp(Posted 2013) [#14]
Been asked for before infact i did the same thing months ago and still nothing has changed so tbh i cant see it changing any time soon, also with monkey 3d module on the cards its not good to 'advertise' the competition