Monkey irc channel

Monkey Archive Forums/Monkey Discussion/Monkey irc channel

Marko(Posted 2013) [#1]
Hopefully someday there are monkey programming channel in freenode.

Xaron(Posted 2013) [#2]
Actually there is already a Monkey channel if I remember correctly...

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2013) [#3]
there have been a number of channels a number times on a number of different networks, to be honest without any kind of official support behind it they all seem doomed to fail.

I think the best thing going right now is Google+ the monkey channel there, and its Hang Out with is a live chat, video chat, and screen capture setup all built into Google Plus.

https://plus.google.com/hangouts/_/2d3bd620891e5b33c3a971dd3dc0597969fb2eb3

thats the dedicated link for the hangout, not sure if anyone in there at the moment but I pop in and out through out the day most days of the week.

Having a dedicated live chat is something I'v wanted for ages, just hope that one of the many attempts will finally take.

GfK(Posted 2013) [#4]
There used to be one on irc.blitzed.org (as well as a #blitzbasic channel) - that one ran for years and eventually died a horrible death as all of the regulars got bored of it, leaving only the people there who never seemed to say anything. A couple of them are still there to this day. Don't think they've even noticed that everybody else has gone. A lot like that Japanese guy who didn't realise the war was over until about 1994 or something.