Site to promote your mobile application

Monkey Archive Forums/Monkey Discussion/Site to promote your mobile application

Raul(Posted 2013) [#1]
I found a few weeks ago on this forum (at least I hope was here) a topic about where to promote ios and android apps. Basically was a link to a page with a lot of reviews sites.

Has someone knows something about that link? :D

GfK(Posted 2013) [#2]
Nope, but in my experience you'll achieve very little from sending review copies out, other than getting your inbox filled up with emails from marketing people trying to extort money out of you.

Raul(Posted 2013) [#3]
Hmm.. so you say there are not very good these 'review sites'?

For example this one?
http://www.theiphoneappreview.com/submit-your-app/

GfK(Posted 2013) [#4]
That looks like a classic example. Way too much marketing up-sell for it to be a simple review site. They want your money.

[edit] Oh, here we go!

FREE SERVICE:

Standard App Review – As our website has grown in popularity the amount of requests for free reviews has grown dramatically, therefore we cannot guarantee free reviews at this time.

Enough said. If you want a "guaranteed review", it will cost you anything between $40 and $270.

Worth it? Who knows?

Raul(Posted 2013) [#5]
well... of course you must pay. If you are not making the next Angry Birds our applications needs all the publicity we can get..

I remember my 1st game: RVL Hacker. I sold my 1st copy 2 hours after I uploaded my 'press release' on 20-30 sites.

So, no one there who is using these services?

GfK, did you use any marketing technics for Crime Solitaire (iOS)

GfK(Posted 2013) [#6]
No, I never meant to release it on iOS - long story but the shortened version is that I had a deal that fell through at the last minute - literally the day I completed the iOS version. Didn't know what else to do with it, stuck it on the app store myself, got a few sales, never marketed it, other than sending info to about 30 review sites, most of which I never heard from since that day to this. But I did get about a dozen emails from their sales people trying to get my money.

Currently its only doing probably 30 sales a month on iOS, but it more than covers the annual app store fee, so while it's doing that, I'll leave it there.

I'm a programmer, not a salesman. It made me a small fortune on PC and Mac, and it could probably do a lot better in iOS too, if some marketing was behind it. But like I said, it only went on there as an exercise in damage limitation. It's never been a priority.

Raul(Posted 2013) [#7]
I see. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Well, I have some little money to spent, I am still thinking to try this type of marketing. I will write here my results at the end of my campaign..

Xaron(Posted 2013) [#8]
Paid reviews are NOT worth it. Let me repeat it. NOT!

And even when you make the next Angry Birds, paid reviews will help you NOTHING!

Raul(Posted 2013) [#9]
Ok, then how else should I promote my iOS/Android games?