DreamShard Studios, please contact us!

Monkey Archive Forums/Monkey Discussion/DreamShard Studios, please contact us!

Playniax(Posted 2013) [#1]
Hi,

People may have noticed that DreamShard Studios has been removed from the sponsor list for the Spine module.

Jon/Skn3 and I have agreed to remove them from the sponsor list because DreamShard Studios is still owing money to Jon/Skn3.

After countless attempts and a lot of patience from me and Jon/Skn3 to contact DreamShard Studios for whatever reason they have yet to reply.

Because of this we from Playniax will pay Jon/Skn3 the remaining part.

We will add DreamShard Studios again to the sponsor list after the paid the full amount back to Playniax.

Thanks,

Tony

Skn3(Posted 2013) [#2]
[edited]
DreamShard got in contact with us and have settled any outstanding payments. It was a very long overdue response(months) so we appreciate that they got in contact when they could have easily ignored it.

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2013) [#3]
what have I mnissed. ?

Raul(Posted 2013) [#4]
any fights here? :D

Skn3(Posted 2013) [#5]

GfK(Posted 2013) [#6]
There's somebody complaining on their Twitter page about missing payments, going back to 7th March this year. So either that's you (bad), or somebody else (worse).

rIKmAN(Posted 2013) [#7]
lol @ DreamShart!

Shame they messed you about, but nice one Playniax for stepping up.

MikeHart(Posted 2013) [#8]
Skn3, do you have a written contract? Or was just one of these informal "me to" postings on this very board? Cause that means shit, nada nothing.

Did you guys cleared all the details like when you have to be finished, when payments are due, etc etc? Were you on schedule with your development and clearly delivered your part?
You better can say yes to all of this. By calling someone names and trying to discreet them in public, you are walking on thin ice. Very thin ice. And if by any chance you have a legal agreement with them, then I am surprised that your lawyer adviced you to go and make this public.

Just my 2 cents of the story.

Skn3(Posted 2013) [#9]

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2013) [#10]
I know this is no consolation but if they are one or two man team and not responding to anything you send them it's possible they have had some real life financial or personal issues, something bad enough that your payment is the last thing on their mind.

Shit happens all the time, it would kinda suck if you had been bad mouthing them only to find out the guy went out of business and is now homeless , or worse, died.

Is there any sign of activity from them on any other front ?

I would also love to know if Age is or was an issue here, the internet , e-mail can be so ambiguous, its all to easy to deal with people thinking their adults, only to find out its some 14 year old and their parents for what ever reason have just grounded them or shut the door on their little side operation.

Basically all I am saying, is that before you do a complete write off and start slandering them, it might be worth doing a little extra leg work and finding out if there is possibly a bigger issue at the root of the late/lack of payment.

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2013) [#11]
having a quick look, looks like the last comment from them was June 5th ?

Skn3(Posted 2013) [#12]

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2013) [#13]
Yeah I knew it wouldn't have been a kneejerk reaction you don't come across as that guy!.

Just felt it was worth pointing out that something dire might have happened resulting in them being unable to fulfill their commitment, or even respond, as you said its about a month and they do not seem to have any action on anything since then.

I wonder if they have possibly had a hardware problem keeping them off the internet, stupid question but have you tried calling them ?

GfK(Posted 2013) [#14]
Tried contacting them the old-fashioned way (phone)?

[edit] Or to put it another way; "what he said ^^".

Skn3(Posted 2013) [#15]

Uncle(Posted 2013) [#16]
Could try a whois on their web domain to get a contact number ;)

Playniax(Posted 2013) [#17]
All we asked for DreamShard Studios to contact us with the reason why.

I did check their social media activity before deciding to post this.

I agree with Jon, it looks very suspicious.

Uncle(Posted 2013) [#18]
I hope this gets sorted out for you both as you were kind enough to publish the library for free. Have to say though it seems from posts on other forums dreamshard seem to be two brothers still in high school so perhaps they simple don't have the funds.

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2013) [#19]
I just looked they are listed in the whois database and have an AU number listed so you could call them, I think a single phone call would answer a lot of the questions.

I also hope this gets resolved to everyone's satisfaction, nothing worse than doing the work while expecting a paycheck and then not getting one, major kudo's to Playniax for stepping up.

Raz(Posted 2013) [#20]
---- happens all the time, it would kinda suck if you had been bad mouthing them only to find out the guy went out of business and is now homeless , or worse, died.

That said, I don't think anyone should be made to assume the worse. The fact is someone asked for something for a fee, the work was completed, the payment wasn't made. As it stands, the warning given is valid in my opinion.

If it turns out that something awful has happened, then fine, this warning can be removed.

Skn3(Posted 2013) [#21]