Feature request

Monkey Archive Forums/Monkey Discussion/Feature request

Midimaster(Posted 2013) [#1]
I think it would be very helpful to have a possibility to display long texts like manuals bejond the ImageFont features that Monkey offers.

The native text displaying function often render much better and work on every display size. And they already exists!

I think about using native HTML displaying UI features. Would it be difficult to add a monkey command, that can send texts or textfiles on all targets to a already build in gadget?

slenkar(Posted 2013) [#2]
You're talking about a textbox widget with scrollbars right?

as long as every platform can display a textbox on top of a mojo canvas?

Midimaster(Posted 2013) [#3]
It would also be ok to open a second app like a browser or a pdf viewer. It is not necessary, that the text window is a part of my own app.

At the moment I am able to open a broser window to display a html formated text file, But on Android is has to be "outside" in the web. So my manual files are on my server.

This is not very convenient for people who not always have a access to the web with their smartphones.

Scrollbars or Touch Scrolling, yes.

I think, not only me, but the whole community needs such a text tool. How can you offer apps without offering manuals?

Gerry Quinn(Posted 2013) [#4]
Embedded HTML makes life so much easier for manuals - you can easily make a pretty HTML manual and put it both on your site and in-game. It's a shame that Android doesn't seem to support it.

I haven't looked at help-screens much yet - a slideable bitmap seems to be the standard on Android.