Google Trends: Something to think about

Monkey Archive Forums/Monkey Discussion/Google Trends: Something to think about

AdamRedwoods(Posted 2013) [#1]
I hesitate to post something like this, because I HONESTLY feel it should not matter what language you use, but rather what you produce with it. I like Monkey programming language because it is to me, a secret weapon where I can produce faster than competitors.

http://www.google.com/trends/explore#q=monkeycoder%2C%20haxe%2C%20leadwerks%2C%20blitz3d%2C%20darkbasic&cmpt=q

My only note is look how fast things change! It's only a matter of years...

Gerry Quinn(Posted 2013) [#2]
But who searches for "monkeycoder"?

If someone hears of the language they will search for "monkey" then when they get tired of apes and lemurs they will search for "monkey programming" or "monkey language".

Nobody will search "monkeycoder" unless they already know the site name.

MikeHart(Posted 2013) [#3]
Interesting. The first two spikes for monkeycoder was when I started to write my book and when it was released. :-)

wiebow(Posted 2013) [#4]
It is impossible to find this site using 'monkey' as search term. I like the name of the language, but it is terrible from a marketing perspective.

rIKmAN(Posted 2013) [#5]
Umm...if you type "monkey programming" into Google it's the first hit, so far from "impossible" to find.

Using "monkey" on its own - yes, but that is like saying I can't find a Porsche 911 when I search Google for "car"....there is no context.