Windows 8 target to be seen as a forum ?

Monkey Archive Forums/Monkey Discussion/Windows 8 target to be seen as a forum ?

Rushino(Posted 2013) [#1]
Hello,

Do you guys think we should add a win8 target forum ? Would be interesting to have one.. (once v67 is out)

Thanks!

Alienforce(Posted 2013) [#2]
+1

MikeHart(Posted 2013) [#3]
If it is officially a Monkey target then yes.

Amon(Posted 2013) [#4]
Agreed! There should be a Win8 target forum.

ziggy(Posted 2013) [#5]
According to the txt files that come with latest Monkey update, windows 8 and windows 8 phone targets are experimental and subject to change or even get removed from the list of supported targets. I supose Mark is expecting to see how the whole Metro thing evolves. Of course, this is just an asumption I do.

Alienforce(Posted 2013) [#6]
I really hold my fingers crossed for Win8 to NOT to get removed.
Since Win8rt and WP8 is my main targets...
So please Mark if you need some help please feel free to contact me.

ziggy(Posted 2013) [#7]
@Alienforce: That's a chance that the txt was put there jsut before the whole win8 development was mature, and maybe we can just ignore it. It would be nice to know if they're already took a final decision regarding this targets

Xaron(Posted 2013) [#8]
+1

Gerry Quinn(Posted 2013) [#9]
I'd be pretty disappointed if Windows 8 were not a target. Love it or hate it, it's not going away, and in fact not having it (or having it on the way) would surely put a serious dent in Monkey sales.

Rushino(Posted 2013) [#10]
I think removing Win8 target would be a bad idea to be honest. :) This should be considered an official target and i am pretty sure Mark would agree.

rebelas(Posted 2013) [#11]
Difficult task to maintain, but I hope Win8 target stays!