JungleIDE Too Slow

Monkey Archive Forums/Monkey Discussion/JungleIDE Too Slow

c.k.(Posted 2013) [#1]
ziggy, heads up: after this latest update, Jungle IDE has become unusable to me. It pauses as I'm typing code and I'm having to wait on it too much.

Plus, the Jungle IDE web site is horrendously slow.

ziggy(Posted 2013) [#2]
@C.k. I'm looking at it right now.

EDIT: Can you tell me if disabling the background compiler fixes it? I can't replicate it here

c.k.(Posted 2013) [#3]
Yep, that seems to have been the problem. After I disabled that, it went back to being speedy again.

ziggy(Posted 2013) [#4]
A temporary rollback has been performed (so Jungle Ide will auto rollback on next update) while I work on a fix. Well, I already have the fix and willing to get some users experiencing the issue to test it.
c.k. Can I send the hopefully fixed build to you?

c.k.(Posted 2013) [#5]
Yes, send it to me.

Rushino(Posted 2013) [#6]
Had the same problem.. i tried the fixed build and it seem to work. It is also your case c.k. ?

ziggy(Posted 2013) [#7]
After the fix, it should perform a bit faster than previous versions. I'll be releasing the patch tomorrow.

c.k.(Posted 2013) [#8]
Yes, works much better for me.

Thanks, ziggy!!!

Rushino(Posted 2013) [#9]
Thanks Ziggy! :)

ziggy(Posted 2013) [#10]
Been testing all day on several computers and I'm sure the issue has been fixed, so I'll release an update later today.
The "thing" was caused by some pipes sync operations to be too slow on some machines. I *think* it could be related to sending big amounts of data between the background compiler and JungleIde in a single pass, and using the main thread for its execution. I've been rewriting most of this background compilation system in a way that it handles all data I/O operations on a separated low priority thread, so Jungle Ide is always responsive and also those sync operations do perform faster as they do not share processor time with regular Jungle Ide operations. The joy of multithreading in all its glory. Jungle Ide is even faster than the current fixed version.
Also, I fixed a couple of additional issues in the process.

Rushino(Posted 2013) [#11]
Thanks ziggy !

ziggy(Posted 2013) [#12]
Just to let everybodu know than all this has been fixed in current update. More info here: http://www.monkeycoder.co.nz/Community/posts.php?topic=3714#47174