I present you Pencil....

Monkey Archive Forums/Monkey Discussion/I present you Pencil....

Rushino(Posted 2013) [#1]
In case someone might be interested. I am taking a minute to present you Pencil a little gem ive found a while ago and their latest releases are really awesome and amazing.

http://pencil.evolus.vn/

Its an open source FREE GUI Prototyping Professional Tool.. used for making prototypes of Android, IOS, Web, Sketchs, Flowcharts, anything you can even make your own but come with all this too. I use it for my game screens prototypes.

It can be run in Linux, Mac OSX and Windows and even as a firefox extension. Enjoy! :)

Goodlookinguy(Posted 2013) [#2]
Thanks for sharing, that's neat. I usually use ms paint (yes paint) for mockups. This might be more efficient to say the least.

Belimoth(Posted 2013) [#3]
Nifty!

John McCubbin(Posted 2013) [#4]
It is very cool, you can even drag and drop assets from your games in there to test them out, maybe move your UI around, see what it would look like at the bottom instead of the top without changing any code. Cheers for sharing.

CodeGit(Posted 2013) [#5]
Thanks for sharing.

Tri|Ga|De(Posted 2013) [#6]
How do you import the templates you can download from tge page?

Rushino(Posted 2013) [#7]
Not sure but i think its 'Install new collection...' then you choose the .zip file you downloaded.. it will do the rest.

Tri|Ga|De(Posted 2013) [#8]
I just found out that the ones on their homepage is preinstalled.
I did not try the ones from google.

[edit]
Okay I cannot figure how to install the ones from google.
[/edit]

Tri|Ga|De(Posted 2013) [#9]
Okay I figured it out.

If I download a zip in Safari it unpacks the file automatic.
And when I pack the automatic unpacked folder I cannot install it.

If I download it from Firefox I get a zip file and can install it.

Rushino(Posted 2013) [#10]
Strange. Probably because pencil is an extension built for Firefox they ported to windows. Anyway i am glad you guys like it.