Suggestion: alternate image drawing method

Monkey Archive Forums/Monkey Discussion/Suggestion: alternate image drawing method

xAD(Posted 2012) [#1]
This is more of a "doing 2D in 3D" thing from what I've seen, so I don't know how nicely it would play with everything or how speedy it would be on phone devices, but...

I'd find it much easier to draw images by specifying the four corners or the four corners and a midpoint (far better results than just the corners, imo) than faffing about calculating scales and rotations relative to every image and window size and proportions and screen size and proportions.

dragon(Posted 2012) [#2]
yes, i think also this can open some special effects for object morphing
i do not understand why monkey come without this

Belimoth(Posted 2012) [#3]
I think it wouldn't be too hard to figure out using the transformation commands, or by writing your own Image class after modding mojo to expose the surface stuff. However I don't know enough about the individual targets to say that it would work for all of them.

NoOdle(Posted 2012) [#4]
A different suggestion to ones already mentioned... possibly write your own 2d module using opengl or build it on top of the minib3d module. I believe Xaron has written a pixel perfect sprite system to use with monkey minib3d so might be worth asking him what fps he is getting.