New here

Monkey Archive Forums/Monkey Discussion/New here

grovey(Posted 2012) [#1]
Hi all

New here, I used to frequent the BlitzMax forums quite a while ago, taking a look today, it seems quiet there. Was a bit concerned that perhaps BlitzMax usage/support seemed to have tapered off a bit, and doing some searching, I came across Monkey.

Long story short, I saw it's versatility and saw that the forums are more active, and purchased it.

I am looking forward to coding games and prototypes again!

How long has Monkey been around for?

c.k.(Posted 2012) [#2]
It seems monkey is still a baby, but there are some very clever coders here, and mark is kickin' it with consistent and valuable updates.

Welcome! :-)

MikeHart(Posted 2012) [#3]
Welcome grovey. Monkey is out in the public for around 1,5 year I think.

ziggy(Posted 2012) [#4]
Welcome! You'll enjoy it.Monkey fantastic!

TheRedFox(Posted 2012) [#5]
Hi grovey. Monkey's fun :-)

grovey(Posted 2012) [#6]
Thanks for the welcome :)

Can't wait to get home from work and do some coding!

AdamRedwoods(Posted 2012) [#7]
welcome, monkey is incredible.

and when i get around to updating minib3d (currently only works with v62,63), you can try out ye ol blitz 3d commands.

Xaron(Posted 2012) [#8]
Welcome! Oh and Adam I totally appreciate your great work! :)

Why0Why(Posted 2012) [#9]
grovey,

Check out the video tutorials by Jim in the tutorials forum. It can get you up to speed pretty quickly.

Oh, and welcome :)

Rushino(Posted 2012) [#10]
Welcome Grovey ! haha look like its been some time before someone joined ;) And like others said Monkey is really fantastic ! I enjoyed every momment with it and feel really inspired each time i open JungleIDE ! Ok ok look a bit exaggerated but its not far from the truth ;)

Waldo Reed(Posted 2012) [#11]
Just got my monkey license today after evaluating the demo version for a month. I'll be targeting the iOS platform but need to acquire a mac. I'm considering a Macbook Pro 15 or Mac Mini and an iPad2. Waiting to hear Apples announcement this week on their latest product news.

MikeHart(Posted 2012) [#12]
Welcome Waldo :-)

silentshark(Posted 2012) [#13]
@waldo, I took the mac mini route.. Nice bit of kit, I just bought the basic model and then stacked it up with 8gb ram. Now it flies.