Monkey IRC channel

Monkey Archive Forums/Monkey Discussion/Monkey IRC channel

smilertoo(Posted 2012) [#1]
Hello,

As there doesn't seem to be any monkey irc channel can i suggest people start using the old #blitzbasic channel on blitzed network; it's pretty vacant since the strange revolt a couple of years back.

Difference(Posted 2012) [#2]
#monkey at irc.blitzed.org is alive, - there's just no one there! :-)

I think you and I are the only ones in #blitzbasic these days.

The rest (no longer discussing brl products) moved on to #blitzwhatever

I have been thinking of making en irc event, where we invite Mark for a little live monkey Q&A.
That might revive the channel.

smilertoo(Posted 2012) [#3]
How come i'm the one that's always there but you're the one who gets ops when you drop by.

Difference(Posted 2012) [#4]
Just gave you op's , buy I'm not sure the're sticky, will do soon .

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2012) [#5]
you could also check out the one in my signature, was nice before i took my break, got quiet but now im back so should brighten up again..

I really dont like the one on blitzed name might be appropriate but every time iv gone in it's sucked, or iv asked something and got some smart ass reply, might not be like that now but I still wont be using it myself as a result of the past.

Difference(Posted 2012) [#6]
The smartasses are gone, but so is everyone else :-)
Come back Taiphoz :-)

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2012) [#7]
you should come join us mate, that irc server although shares a name has nothing really to do with indie games, the server were on hosts the main Ludum Dare channel which is always packed.

So if there aint people talking in the #monkey channel, there is almost always some other indie devs to talk to in the ludum dare channel, they might not use monkey but they tend to be very helpful.

Richard Betson(Posted 2012) [#8]
"#monkey at irc.blitzed.org is alive"

I'm there a lot of the time although I hangout there and #blitzbasic and #blitzwhatever. All ultra geeks. :D

wiebow(Posted 2012) [#9]
I'll join you guys when I have the time. Sounds like fun.

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2012) [#10]
all welcome .. the more people in irc the better, which is ironic cos I cant get mine working at the moment lol.

Gona have to un-install and re-install I think I broke something.