NaCl target

Monkey Archive Forums/Monkey Discussion/NaCl target

devolonter(Posted 2012) [#1]
Has anyone tried to create a NaCl target? Quick search on the forum didn’t give me a lot of information. I would like to try to do it. Probably not very soon, but still. If someone has already tried to do this we can try to join our efforts.

Also I would like to port mojo to this target. But I'm not sure that Mark will take this as the official target and I can distribute it.

In any case I would like to discuss the ability to create NaCl target. Does it have any perspectives and should we to try implement it?

AdamRedwoods(Posted 2012) [#2]
it would be a chore.

NaCl needs a lot of files: js, html, css, manifest, and the exe. you could create this within the monkey target.

compiling the exe would be interesting. start with the stdcpp target, but there is no main(). maybe you could wrap the Modules and Pepper API as an Extern, and have monkey compile normally. I'd approach it that way.

...I had to do a lot of tricks to get wxWidgets working with monkey. it was hard. (func pointers, GC control)

good luck!

DruggedBunny(Posted 2012) [#3]
NaCl sounds cool, but I haven't heard much about it over the last year or two.

Don't be afraid to contact Mark [blitzmunter AT gmail DOT com] and see what he has to say about distributing a possible mojo port.

devolonter(Posted 2012) [#4]
it would be a chore.

Sounds not good. I will watch your wxWidgets port, I hope it will help me when I will start porting. Thank you!

Don't be afraid to contact Mark [blitzmunter AT gmail DOT com] and see what he has to say about distributing a possible mojo port.

Thanks! When I'll have any work samples I'll surely contact Mark