Drag and Drop Game Engine

Monkey Archive Forums/Monkey Discussion/Drag and Drop Game Engine

FireFly(Posted 2012) [#1]
Will monkey have drag and drop (GUI) kind of Game engine in future like Game Maker and Construct?

marksibly(Posted 2012) [#2]
Hi,

Nope - please contact shareit if you would like a refund.

c.k.(Posted 2012) [#3]
Mark, you don't know for sure. Maybe somebody right now is working on a GUI interface! :-)

I'm just saying it could happen... Right? Maybe?

Neuro(Posted 2012) [#4]
Monkey is a programming language, which theoretically can be used to build drag and drop game engines like Construct 2. It'll be one heck of a monkey project though.

FelipeA(Posted 2012) [#5]
Something like that would pump up monkey, but it would have to be made by a user as I think Mark is actully focused on developing the language.
I've actually been doing some test with flixel on making a small editor but nothing like Gm or construct.

Shinkiro1(Posted 2012) [#6]
I am developing something like that, but it's for rpgs only (nearly a rpg maker clone).
Although it's not universal like Game Maker or Game Salad.

CopperCircle(Posted 2012) [#7]
I am working on my initial version of a drag and drop box2D editor that could be used to make various types of games.

NoOdle(Posted 2012) [#8]
I have been working on a framework on and off for a while that works like Cocos2D. Currently implemented scene graph, ordering, layers, scenes, nodes, shapes, sprites, touch delegate, transformations, actions, scene transitions, menus, labels, virtual stick, virtual n-directional dpad and virtual button - click, hold or toggle. There are also several data structures included too, some of which I've used. Hashmaps - probe linear/quadratic, double hash and separate chaining. Binary Tree. I am currently adding collision shapes and incorporating my Separating Axis Collision detection and response code as well. Unfortunately I can't promise a release date as I'm currently working 40+ hours at 3 jobs, studying part time and recovering from a fairly serious bike accident so my time is stretched. I'm hoping to get some time off soon to knock up some examples that show what the frame work can do. Its pretty powerful, allows great project structuring and requires little code to achieve some pretty fancy effects.

therevills(Posted 2012) [#9]
@Noodle - I think you need to relax a bit! Dont burn out!