Hello Monkey Friends

Monkey Archive Forums/Monkey Discussion/Hello Monkey Friends

tiresius(Posted 2012) [#1]
Hello everyone-

I have to say I am deeply in love with the Monkey language (is that even possible?). I have not been this excited about programming in a long time. And just like in youth when experiencing new love, I have a joyful glow about me. I get excited about the smallest discoveries, oftentimes act quickly (and sloppily!), without caring about that as much as I probably should. Well maybe not caring isn't accurate, because I am looking forward to writing beautiful code with Monkey, producing lots of small projects, and hope to see them grow into full sized games and go out into the world.

I have been using TGC's product DBPro for about a decade. During that period I have been a long-time lurker of Blitz forums, always impressed with the BlitzMax syntax and cross-platform nature of the product, but never making the jump. For several reasons recently I decided to drop my long-term project, switch gears and make smaller games that I know I can finish in a reasonable time. When reviewing the languages to use for mobile development I picked Monkey because, again, I'm really impressed with the language syntax/features.

I don't foresee needing any of the other Blitz products at this point so I still can't be active in that community, but I am swinging in the Monkey Cage and loving every minute of it!!

Skn3(Posted 2012) [#2]
Welcome to the club, the blitz/monkey languages are definitely a joy to program with. I foresee you will be a blitzer for many years to come ;)

Shinkiro1(Posted 2012) [#3]
Welcome tiresius :)

Tri|Ga|De(Posted 2012) [#4]
Welcome!