Show your true color :)

Monkey Archive Forums/Monkey Discussion/Show your true color :)

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2012) [#1]
Having a very interesting conversation on IRC this morning and the subject of crazy coders working in really crazy IDE setups in terms of color came up.

Stemming from a video on youtube of some one coding with a black background, and red and dark red text.

Got me thinking and wondering, what your all using so, this is a share your color thread. post a pick of your IDE and the colors you use :)

Here is mine, from Jungle but my TED and Monk colors are almost exactly the same.

Gerry Quinn(Posted 2012) [#2]
I use default colours for everything, unless they're absolutely hideous.

wiebow(Posted 2012) [#3]
I like the dark colors.

This is my modified Obsidian theme for Jungle:

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2012) [#4]
Sorry just noticed I had linked the wrong image hahahahaha sorry

Fixed it now tho

dmaz(Posted 2012) [#5]
these are the 2 I'm switching between in Jungle

slenkar(Posted 2012) [#6]
I've always liked the original blitz3d dark blue background with light blue keywords and white variable names.

EdzUp(Posted 2012) [#7]
me too, or we could have black letters on a black background that when highlighted light up black to show you that its a done it ;)

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2012) [#8]
dmaz that looks like a very subtle color scheme, do you suffer from head aches at all when looking at a standard white black text ide ?

Shinkiro1(Posted 2012) [#9]
I changed themes a lot back then, but now I think I have settled for this one:

called 'Tomorrow Night Eighties' for TextMate.

Raz(Posted 2012) [#10]
Dmaz, where can I get a copy of the following theme?

It's really easy on my eyes :) I see the URL suggests it's part of Jungle IDE already, but I'm not seeing it!

Edit : Never mind, found it on the Jungle IDE forums, thank you :)

dmaz(Posted 2012) [#11]
@Taiphoz, no not headaches but I can feel the strain when using a white background.

@raz... yeah, I posted 3 there. Ziggy says he'll include them in the next release.