Ted and modules folder

Monkey Archive Forums/Monkey Discussion/Ted and modules folder

DruggedBunny(Posted 2012) [#1]
I'm getting an error when trying to build my project in Ted, yet it works fine in Monk:

I have my AutoFit module in "/Monkey/modules/autofit" and in Monk I can use:

Import autofit

... to access it. In Ted, I get the error "Module 'autofit' not found". As you can see highlighted in the screenshot, I'm using the same project folder in both, so I can only assume Ted's doing something different. Thing is, it finds mojo OK, and that's in the same modules folder!

I notice that in Task Manager, Ted's command line includes the path to the "lcd.monkey" file, whereas Monk doesn't, so I'm guessing it's some sort of "current directory" thing.

therevills(Posted 2012) [#2]
Could you be using different versions of Monkey? Monk will use the version of Monkey that is in the same folder as itself, whereas Ted reads from the Registry - check Ted's options... I've had this issue myself.

For example if I run Monk from here:
D:\Code\Monkey\MonkeyPro59

I will access Monkey v59, but if I run Ted from there I will access v60 since I have set up Ted to work with that version:

Ted > File > Options > Tool Paths:
Monkey: D:\Code\Monkey\MonkeyPro60

DruggedBunny(Posted 2012) [#3]
Gah, that was it, thanks, Steve! Moving out of Bug Reports but it might still help others here...

therevills(Posted 2012) [#4]
Glad to help :)

This will happen every time we get another version of Monkey... I'd suggest to Mark to try to get Ted to work the same way as Monk, as in if the Ted.exe is in a Monkey folder use that version.