Website or Facebook Page.

Monkey Archive Forums/Monkey Discussion/Website or Facebook Page.

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2012) [#1]
I am wondering, well, sitting here actually thinking about registering a new domain name for my game, and or a Facebook Page to go along with it.

And wondering from those with stuff in market right now, do you think having a main site for a game away from the development site is valuable enough to invest in ?

Skn3(Posted 2012) [#2]
Definitely worth having a micro site for your products. I wouldn't go overboard, but more like a glorified landing page.

Tibit(Posted 2012) [#3]
You get little new downloads from having a website per game, unless the game is huge.

Nice with a site for the company.

But it's probably not worth many hours of time that you could have spent elsewhere, like on proper marketing :)

c.k.(Posted 2012) [#4]
I'm with Jon on this one. Your game's web site should be a glorified landing page, a pamphlet in purpose. It gives a brief description of your game (including video and screenshots) and has links to any/all portals/app stores to get your game. At the most, you'd want an instruction page and support page. Other than that, I'd think everything else (leaderboards, etc.) would be handled by a third party source (like Scoreloop, Playphone, etc...).

slenkar(Posted 2012) [#5]
It might be an advantage to make a forum as people might not want to use their facebook accts to comment on a videogame

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2012) [#6]
Being more specific and keeping with the landing page style, I was thinking game banner at the top, followed by some tagline blurb about the game, bellow that some screen shots and video then the links / store information, and bellow that any relevant patch notes.

I at the time had not thought of forum support but now that it's been mentioned having a place to forum post would defiantly be valuable for some games where user's helping each other could be important, I wonder if a facebook fanpage could replace a forum tho.

Why0Why(Posted 2012) [#7]
It is definitely worth having a page. Domains and hosting are dirt cheap. I have a dedicated server and I really enjoy being able to do whatever I want on that.

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2012) [#8]
much does that cos ? mine on cruel-gaming.com costs me about £80 a year but its a virtual host so bandwidth is a bit flaky at times, suits my needs most of the time tho.