Coding for Windows 7 Phones?

Monkey Archive Forums/Monkey Discussion/Coding for Windows 7 Phones?

zoqfotpik(Posted 2012) [#1]
Does anyone code to Windows 7 devices? Do they expect the XNA target or something else?

ziggy(Posted 2012) [#2]
XNA target can be used to target Windows 7 phones and XBox 360

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2012) [#3]
I dont have a licence yet but its the platform I will go for first when I have the money, simply because it's the two devices, phone and xbox which I have at home.

I would go for an Apple licence but I do not own a mac. so....

dave.h(Posted 2012) [#4]
Also you get a lot more downloads on a windows phone than android

zoqfotpik(Posted 2012) [#5]
Anything has to be better than zero. Seriously, released on Android 24 hours ago. Zero downloads. I haven't promoted it but I thought at least a few. Wow.

<Taiphoz> its the platform I will go for first when I have the money, simply because it's the two devices, phone and xbox which I have at home.

What's the cost?

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2012) [#6]
bout 100 quid per year as I recall.

Xaron(Posted 2012) [#7]
If you are a student it doesn't cost anything. Using Monkey for WP7 is quite straight forward. But don't expect more downloads than for Android. Sure, the market is much smaller so any app can gain more attraction.

zoqfotpik(Posted 2012) [#8]
Makes you wonder what the damn point is. I'm all in on it and committed but these numbers are inauspicious to say the least. Perhaps marketing will help but I have very little idea how to go about that.

silentshark(Posted 2012) [#9]
Hey, zoqfotpik, what's your app? Tell us, and I'm sure a few here will download :-)

Volker(Posted 2012) [#10]
Anything has to be better than zero. Seriously, released on Android 24 hours ago. Zero downloads.
The problem with Google Play is, that they removed the 'Just in'. So nobody sees new things.
Only if they are already in the Top 100.
And there is no option to sort your searches.
So you have to give your app a name that can be found via the search.
What about 'Doodle Angry Instagramm talking'?
Try the SlideMe market for better downloads. Their search funtion
is a lot better than Google Play.

zoqfotpik(Posted 2012) [#11]
I've already put it up on Slide. We'll see how that goes. Some others on the IRC chat suggested putting it up on Kongregate and Mochi.

It's on Kongregate here:
http://www.kongregate.com/games/GloamingSend/crazy-clowns

Working on getting it onto Mochi. I'm all about multiple distribution paths-- that's obviously one of the primary strengths of Monkey.

Wow, you weren't kidding about Slideme. 100 downloads in a few hours isn't bad.