Dropbox etc. and Monkey ? @ Mark

Monkey Archive Forums/Monkey Discussion/Dropbox etc. and Monkey ? @ Mark

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2012) [#1]
Hay Mark, just wanted your opinion on this..

I want to put Monkey, and Max, and B3D and 2D on my drop box folder so I can use them when I'm round at friends, or my parents..

Just wanted to check if this violates any license or anything.

thanks.

Beaker(Posted 2012) [#2]
If its a private folder and only you will be using them then I imagine it would be "fair use". Mark is nothing if not fair. :)

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2012) [#3]
Yeah my own folder not shared, just so I can still work when im not at home, just wanted to be sure.

Samah(Posted 2012) [#4]
I've been doing this since Monkey was released, so yeah. :)

zoqfotpik(Posted 2012) [#5]
I store my source in Dropbox. It's perfect for cross-compiling, though there are certainly other ways you can do that. Dropbox is supposedly network aware so if two machines are on the same lan it will copy between them rather than going over the net.

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2012) [#6]
Yeah iv been storing my source on drop box for a while. now have my ide's on there as well so as long as I have access to the next and a computer that can run a website, I can work on my code securely ..

forget who it was that introduced me to dropbox but im glad they did.

marksibly(Posted 2012) [#7]
Hi,

Yes, no problem.

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2012) [#8]
Thanks for your reply mark.

silentshark(Posted 2012) [#9]
I've been using this for a while - good to hear that it's legit!

Using Dropbox to store your code, graphics, sounds and the Monkey IDE, translator etc. is a great way to keep your files with you wherever you go. Monkey seems to be one of those nice programs which "just run", rather than needing fancy installation etc. so this setup works well.

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2012) [#10]
Yeah.. wonder if Jungle would work as well.