Generic Java target?

Monkey Archive Forums/Monkey Discussion/Generic Java target?

Gerry Quinn(Posted 2012) [#1]
I was trying out the new Dr. Who MMO over the weekend and was disappointed. It was made by Three Rings who make Puzzle Pirates, and in many ways it is a version of the same idea. But it's in Flash instead of Java. It was somewhat unresponsive which is not the language's fault, but it has that horrible RMB settings dialog.

It just occurred to me today that a Java target for Monkey aimed at PCs might be interesting, and presumably not too hard to do as it is already a target language.

I was just wondering has anyone tried to do this already, or what they think about it?

slenkar(Posted 2012) [#2]
could be good, there might have to be different targets for applet and desktop application cos of Mojo

Samah(Posted 2012) [#3]
I made a (mostly) working libgdx target in the hope that it might give better performance on Android. Turns out it was about the same as Mark's implementation, so I abandoned it.

therevills(Posted 2012) [#4]
applet and desktop application cos of Mojo

Back at Uni I had my Java application both as a standard desktop application and an applet, so I don't think it would be too much of an issue... wonder if I've still got the code somewhere...