Jungle....

Monkey Archive Forums/Monkey Discussion/Jungle....

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2012) [#1]
Hay all.

So I just got Jungle, would have loved to buy the life time license and thought I had enough but the vat/tax pushed it out of my limit so had to settle for the 6 month licence :( boo!.

Anyway!!.

Just wondering with all these new options and widgets and stuff to explore is there anything I should do, or be aware of when creating a new project or importing my existing code into it ?

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2012) [#2]
Just looking at this now, and the solutions stuff.

With monk I have all my projects in the tree, and just flick between but with this it looks like by default you only have a single solution/project loaded at a time, do many of you add all your projects to a single solution so their all visible ?

or am I better off keeping 1 solution to 1 project ?

ziggy(Posted 2012) [#3]
On Jungle, as you'll be keeping all the intelliprompt data in memory, having all your projects loaded always, if they get very big, this could theorically have a performance impact in the long run. While Jungle is designed to handle properly projects with thousands of files, if there's no need to have everything loaded always, I would considere to have a solution for each project, or a solution with several small projects. If you choose to have a single solution with all your projects, even big projects, Jungle will handle it properly, but I see no benefits on having such a big structure loaded all the time.

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2012) [#4]
I just like the idea of being able to see all my projects/solutions in a side panel like monk handles them, means without faffing about I can just look at the source code from another project by getting it from the right panel tree view.

Would you consider adding a solutions explorer that just lists all solutions allowing you to quickly load a solution or a source file from that solution, you would not need to have it all in memory just the directory tree for each solution.

Other than that, liking it so far.