Can't compile to GLFW

Monkey Archive Forums/Monkey Discussion/Can't compile to GLFW

jondecker76(Posted 2012) [#1]
First off - I'm a diehard linux user and a very advanced one at that. I'm terrible with Windows however, so please keep this in mind. (PLEASE PLEASE get official Linux support soon!)

I can't get anything to compile to GLFW for the life of me. Here is what I have:
-config.winnt contains
MSBUILD_PATH="${WINDIR}\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\MSBuild.exe"

- I have installed Visual C++ 2010 Express from ttp://www.microsoft.com/visualstudio/en-us/products/2010-editions/visual-cpp-express
- I have verified that C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\MSBuild.exe does indeed exist
- When I attempt to compile to the GLFW target, I get:
Translating simple_verlet_physics
C:/MonkeyPro56b/bin/trans_winnt -target=glfw -run C:/MonkeyPro56b/bananas/Richard_Betson/simple_verlet_physics/simple_verlet_physics.monkey

TRANS monkey compiler V1.32
Parsing...
Semanting...
Translating...
Building...
Microsoft (R) Build Engine Version 4.0.30319.1
[Microsoft .NET Framework, Version 4.0.30319.1]
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation 2007. All rights reserved.

Build started 4/22/2012 8:20:12 PM.
Project "C:\MonkeyPro56b\bananas\Richard_Betson\simple_verlet_physics\simple_verlet_physics.build\glfw\vc2010\MonkeyGame.sln" on node 1 (default targets).
ValidateSolutionConfiguration:
  Building solution configuration "Debug|win32".
Project "C:\MonkeyPro56b\bananas\Richard_Betson\simple_verlet_physics\simple_verlet_physics.build\glfw\vc2010\MonkeyGame.sln" (1) is building "C:\MonkeyPro56b\bananas\Richard_Betson\simple_verlet_physics\simple_verlet_physics.build\glfw\vc2010\MonkeyGame.vcxproj" (2) on node 1 (default targets).
C:\MonkeyPro56b\bananas\Richard_Betson\simple_verlet_physics\simple_verlet_physics.build\glfw\vc2010\MonkeyGame.vcxproj(18,3): error MSB4019: The imported project "C:\Microsoft.Cpp.Default.props" was not found. Confirm that the path in the <Import> declaration is correct, and that the file exists on disk.
Done Building Project "C:\MonkeyPro56b\bananas\Richard_Betson\simple_verlet_physics\simple_verlet_physics.build\glfw\vc2010\MonkeyGame.vcxproj" (default targets) -- FAILED.
Done Building Project "C:\MonkeyPro56b\bananas\Richard_Betson\simple_verlet_physics\simple_verlet_physics.build\glfw\vc2010\MonkeyGame.sln" (default targets) -- FAILED.

Build FAILED.

"C:\MonkeyPro56b\bananas\Richard_Betson\simple_verlet_physics\simple_verlet_physics.build\glfw\vc2010\MonkeyGame.sln" (default target) (1) ->
"C:\MonkeyPro56b\bananas\Richard_Betson\simple_verlet_physics\simple_verlet_physics.build\glfw\vc2010\MonkeyGame.vcxproj" (default target) (2) ->
  C:\MonkeyPro56b\bananas\Richard_Betson\simple_verlet_physics\simple_verlet_physics.build\glfw\vc2010\MonkeyGame.vcxproj(18,3): error MSB4019: The imported project "C:\Microsoft.Cpp.Default.props" was not found. Confirm that the path in the <Import> declaration is correct, and that the file exists on disk.

0 Warning(s)
    1 Error(s)

Time Elapsed 00:00:00.06
TRANS FAILED: TRANS Failed to execute 'C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\MSBuild.exe /p:Configuration=Debug;Platform="win32" MonkeyGame.sln', return code=1

Process Complete

Any tips?

AdamRedwoods(Posted 2012) [#2]
The imported project "C:\Microsoft.Cpp.Default.props" was not found.

odd.

I cannot offer great help since I normally use Mingw.
But:
http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-HK/tfsbuild/thread/9055ca52-586b-459f-9dd1-a9d052d076b9

says you may need to set an environmental path for "VCTargetsPath = C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\ ".
You can try setting the path in Control Panel > System > Advanced settings.

jondecker76(Posted 2012) [#3]
I'm not sure what I did, but I reinstalled Visual C++ 2010 Express and I compile fine now. I also installed OpenAL. However, now the binary fails to execute:
Build succeeded.
    0 Warning(s)
    0 Error(s)

Time Elapsed 00:00:03.01
glfwOpenWindow failed
Failed to select a GLFWFBConfig from the alternatives
Unable to find a usable pixel format
Failed to create GLFW window
TRANS FAILED: TRANS Failed to execute 'MonkeyGame', return code=-1

Process Complete

I re-read the documentation for the GLFW target and I'm still not seeing what the problem could be this time.

jondecker76(Posted 2012) [#4]
Looking at it more, It was an OpenGL issue. I'm running Windows virtualized on my Ubuntu box and I just had to set up virtualbox to pass on OpenGL commands to my host OS. All Good now!