"What platforms are you aiming for?"

Monkey Archive Forums/Monkey Discussion/"What platforms are you aiming for?"

Raz(Posted 2012) [#1]
So, I am discussing having someone do some voice work for me with my next game and to get more of an idea about things he asked what platforms I was aiming for. My response was...

I am aiming to release this on Xbox 360, PC, Android, iPhone, Windows Phone and Flash (flash more as an ad supported demo).

I couldn't help but think to myself "he's going to think I haven't got a ****ing clue what I am talking about" I felt like I may as well have said "Yeah well, it's gonna be GTA, but with Gears of Wars story and Halos multiplayer and like it's totally an MMO where you can hit trees and build houses and it will have like creepers too but you can have the creepers live in a house like the sims!"

The really funny thing about all of this is the fact that it's true. I am aiming to release on all of the above listed platforms and it is literally possible to do so with very little fuss in Monkey.

Yay Monkey!

Why0Why(Posted 2012) [#2]
It is so great. I was telling someone that had written and app for Windows about Monkey and they were amazed. The model that Simon used for New Star Soccer where you publish a flash version to drive android and iOS sales is a very good model.

arawkins(Posted 2012) [#3]
I read this article about the game Defender's Quest on gamasutra this morning: http://gamasutra.com/view/feature/168303/defenders_quest_by_the_numbers.php

They used a similar model of promoting a downloadable game via Kongregate with good results. While reading the article, I kept thinking of how Monkey is perfectly designed for that kind of strategy.