Love Monkey

Monkey Archive Forums/Monkey Discussion/Love Monkey

zoqfotpik(Posted 2012) [#1]
Well, *I* love Monkey.

I just got my first app pushed out to an iPhone. I was totally blown away by how easy the process was-- the hardest part was figuring out that the osx exe was included in the same package as the windows.

There are a great many things about apple that annoy the living daylights out of me, but the fact that that sort of software push is so easy and standardized seems to validate a great deal of the anal retentiveness.

I'm also very happy with how easy it was to get Monkey apps compiled on Xcode.

As someone who has been programming for 30 years and been through numerous sorts of development hell I would truly not have believed you that it was this easy.

therevills(Posted 2012) [#2]
Yeah Monkey is great... Apple sucks! :)

I had such a hard time understanding the process of submitting my app to the app store...

siread(Posted 2012) [#3]
I'm starting to hear people mention Monkey in hushed tones lately. I think it is definitely starting to interest a lot of indie devs. (I always sing it's praises to anyone who'll listen.) Let's hope that a ground swell is occurring.

siread(Posted 2012) [#4]
I'm starting to hear people mention Monkey in hushed tones lately. I think it is definitely starting to interest a lot of indie devs. (I always sing it's praises to anyone who'll listen.) Let's hope that a ground swell is occurring.

zoqfotpik(Posted 2012) [#5]
The main selling point for me was the crazy easy path from blitzmax to all those mobile devices.

When I look at the iOS target code I am very happy I didn't have to write all that myself. Damn.