Bitdefender anti trans

Monkey Archive Forums/Monkey Discussion/Bitdefender anti trans

Fryman(Posted 2012) [#1]
Bit defender doesnt seem to like trans_winnt.exe and infact the default action is takes is to delete it had to add the whole folder to exclusions.

dawlane(Posted 2012) [#2]
It's not only trans. I'm also getting the firewall complaining about any executable that's created. It can also delete the file that Jungle IDE places there for flagging coding errors. I think most of these problems are down to customising bitdefender's settings.

DPbrad(Posted 2012) [#3]
I have the same problems with AVG. It constantly quarantines the trans_winnt.exe and some other files as being malicious.

Fryman(Posted 2012) [#4]
Its the wrong attitude but im glad its not just me suffering

Amon(Posted 2012) [#5]
You guys need to just add the Monkey installation folder and your coding folder to the excluded list in your security suite.

It basically excludes the directory from being scanned and removes the problem you are having. That's what I had to do with comodo internet security.

ziggy(Posted 2012) [#6]
Nod32 is much more developer friendly. I would recommend you to change your AV software.

Samah(Posted 2012) [#7]
I just use MSSE. Every other AV program I've tried seemed really invasive.

Fryman(Posted 2012) [#8]
i Used nod32 before bit defender, I agree with your statement but I went off it when it missed an infection and I lost my passwords..

Although I suppose that can happen with them all, im really happy with bit defender this is my second year of subscription.

My only real complaint is my default it deleted files it picked up via herustics rather than just blocking. (Trans)

dawlane(Posted 2012) [#9]
This Topic should be moved from Monkey Programming.
i Used nod32 before bit defender, I agree with your statement but I went off it when it missed an infection and I lost my passwords.
I also used ESET's Internet Security and was suspicious that it was missing things. But then no AV isn't going catch things every time.

For some reason bitdefender Total Security 2012 is making Cinema4D R13 crash when I enable OpenGL support ( using nvida card ). It only did this after I ran the updater for bitdefender. When I remove bitdefender it works as it should.

EDIT: Figured it out why CD4 locks up. I had to add C4D's exe it the Exclude process list.